Question about custom match (aka arcade mode)

• Thread starter Vendrah
  • 2 comments
Brazil
Brasilia
Gt_Vendrah
Hello,

I´ve been confused about the choice of buying PS4 or XB1, mainly for racing genre games.
Both GT Series and FM Series has it highest and weakests points, with almost an equal force. There are people to defend or attack both. Arcade is a minor priority, but I already noticed that FH 2 rules over driveclub.

However, there is something I hear about FM4 that would be helpful on this decision. And it is something simple...That GT lacks and if FM 5 doesn´t, it can change everything. I read somewhere that it was possible in FM4 to select AI opponents by their driveatar and also select their car. How does a custom match looks on FM5? It has to be done on a lobby or it can be done offline? Is it possible to select AI cars or the game force bizarres selections like GT6?

From what I remember on FM5 the offline free play option basically lets you choose a car, track, class, how many laps, how many AI drivers and drivatar difficulty. You cannot choose each individual drivatar and select a car for them.

FM5 online custom lobby is mostly the same but I believe (don't quote me on this) that there are a few more options you can use to manipulate what car the AI drive, such as putting them in a different player group and then limiting the group to a certain type of car (options such as 80s F1, American Muscle or something similar), by manufacturer, or by stats such as the maximum weight or power. I'm not sure how many player groups you can create but there is some customization there.

So in offline free play it would be like GT6 arcade mode where there are some odd selections, online custom lobbies allow for slightly more customization but still not the same amount as FM4.

Back