Question about customizing a GuitarMusic 

• Thread starter ImaRobot
  • 0 comments
United States
Los Angeles, CA
Lma_robot
lImaRobotl
So 2 years down the line of owning my Thunderbird IV bass, I've decided that I wanted to get it painted and do a little customizing to make it "mine". My boss works in the automobile industry and does a lot of painting, so he offered to paint it for me. It's not the same industry, I know, but he paints basically anything he gets his hands on, and his work comes out great. With that going on I've decided to do a lot of changes to hardware as well, to better match the new color scheme, but had a few concerns that I wanted to address and was hoping anyone here would be able to help.

Ok, so, my main concern is the bridge, I wanted to change it out. I've been reading around and I do realize how it could change the bass more than just aesthetically, but what I'm wondering is would I have to stick to a bridge that is similar to my current, or could I go balls out? I'm liking the looks of the single string bridges, to be honest, but wasn't sure if it's easily interchangeable.

One other thing is that I have active pick-ups that run off a 9V battery, is there specific pick-ups that I would have to stick to?

And on a last note, I use a pick(so what? :P) and play to a similar style to Death From Above 1979, does anyone have any recommendations on strings? They're needing some replacing as well.

Back