Question about decal coverage on half the car

United States
United States
I'm just a couple of weeks into making liveries but I was trying to cover half of a car with a decal to make a split color car. Theres a strip section on the front next to the hood that wont get covered by the color decal. Can someone please tell me how I can get that section covered....or is there another way to make a split colored car?

Not sure I understand, can you get a picture of what you're talking about?

I've done a few split designs.

in this pic you can see what i'm talking about on the left side of the pic beside the hood...this became like this when I added a solid black decal on the right side of the car
corvette1.jpg

Last edited:
in this pic you can see what i'm talking about on the left side of the pic beside the hood...this became like this when I added a solid black decal on the right side of the carView attachment 830385

You either need to set Projection Angle to +10, use the Camera as the projection method, or add the decal from the ‘roof’ projection.

Thanks very much. I need to play around with the livery editor more and stop being impatient....lol. Thanks again for your time and input.

Thanks very much. I need to play around with the livery editor more and stop being impatient....lol. Thanks again for your time and input.

Unfortunately with this game’s Livery Editor, decals start doing strange things if you go outside of the immediate work area.

It’s best to place every decal manually with the camera instead of auto-align. Takes longer, but it’s worth it.

Back