Question about G29

• Thread starter zavisic_
  • 9 comments
Slovenia
Slovenia
It happens rarely that the wheel will lose its power, meaning that turning the wheel will make car turn about 50% less than it should.
I reconnect the wheel to console and it works fine again.
Does this have to do with wheel overheating? Wouldnt make sense tho, if u solve the problem by just reconecting...
Any knowledge about this anyone? Tnx

Make sure GTS is not open before plugging the wheel in. Most issues are resolved if you turn PS4 on, plug wheel in, then launch GTS.

I swear this happened to me the other day for the first time. But I couldn’t play long enough to test it out.

But I agree with the consensus here, the wheel does weird things when you plug it in after the game boots up. Like the torque will go to 10 for example.

I swear this happened to me the other day for the first time. But I couldn’t play long enough to test it out.

But I agree with the consensus here, the wheel does weird things when you plug it in after the game boots up. Like the torque will go to 10 for example.
Yes that also happens sometimes.
Well you solve the problem by just reconnecting the wheel.
The thing is, this can happen right before you start an online race which means your race is ruined by atleast few seconds.
I guess we will have to check the wheel on warm up, just that the wheel works fine.

Make sure GTS is not open before plugging the wheel in. Most issues are resolved if you turn PS4 on, plug wheel in, then launch GTS.
Are you saying pluging the wheel everytime when u start the console makes the difference? Isnt this the same as turning the console with wheel cable already connected...?

I've had something similair occur sometimes when I put the ps4 in rest mode. When I boot the game backup I think it treats the wheel like a ds4 and doesn't realize it's a g29.

I avoid now leaving the game open when using rest mode.

Are you saying pluging the wheel everytime when u start the console makes the difference? Isnt this the same as turning the console with wheel cable already connected...?
I leave my console in rest mode 99% of the time. That’s the only reason I say unplug it.

Biggest thing is make sure the game is closed before turning off console.

Back