question about gt academy conditions

• Thread starter legendaro
  • 18 comments
Egypt
Egypt
my question is :
I want to know if it is necessary to have a driving licence from the country that I am participating on or is it okay if I have a driving licence from egypte because I have an egyptien nationality but I live in France but I don't have a french driving licence because in France they won't let me switch from an egyptian licence to a french licence so is it okay for me to participate in gt academy

I would say it's more likely you can if you can drive in France. I don't know for sure though. Your best bet is to track down last years terms and conditions and find out for sure

hold a fully unrestricted (not provisional) and valid driving licence, with the appropriate category of vehicle (car) clearly indicated, issued by the relevant national driving licensing authority in the Entrant’s current country of permanent residency (e.g. the DVLA in the UK), and that country must be listed as part of the Territory;

From the NA GT Academy Terms and Conditions 2014

hold a fully unrestricted (not provisional) and valid driving licence, with the appropriate category of vehicle (car) clearly indicated, issued by the relevant national driving licensing authority in the Entrant’s current country of permanent residency (e.g. the DVLA in the UK), and that country must be listed as part of the Territory;

From the NA GT Academy Terms and Conditions 2014
yes I've seen the conditions but I wanted to know if they are stricts in this ... do I have a chance ?

yes I've seen the conditions but I wanted to know if they are stricts in this ... do I have a chance ?
Yes, 100% strict on this rule. A competitor that was slated to go to NY for the North American finals had to withdraw as he didn't hold a valid driver's license.

It's just what the rules state mate. If you've got a real shot of making the finals, go do a French test.

Through sacrifice comes success

It's just what the rules state mate. If you've got a real shot of making the finals, go do a French test.

Through sacrifice comes success
thank you for your answers bro well I know I can make it but there is this problem of driving licence :irked: I have to find a solution for this problem

thank you for your answers bro well I know I can make it but there is this problem of driving licence :irked: I have to find a solution for this problem

I'm confused I guess... It's sounds like you are saying you drive every day and have a valid license, yet you say "there is this problem of driving license.. Language barrier I guess.

My best advice would be to contact the people at GT Academy - they are very accessible and were quick to answer any questions that I have asked them prior and post GT Academy national semi finals and finals.

Cheers and good luck!

I'm confused I guess... It's sounds like you are saying you drive every day and have a valid license, yet you say "there is this problem of driving license.. Language barrier I guess.

My best advice would be to contact the people at GT Academy - they are very accessible and were quick to answer any questions that I have asked them prior and post GT Academy national semi finals and finals.

Cheers and good luck!
thank you . I said I have a valid driving licence but it is not a french one . can you tell me how to contact them please

thank you . I said I have a valid driving licence but it is not a french one . can you tell me how to contact them please

I contacted them by private message on their official Facebook page. They contact GT Global organizers and then reply back to you once they've received their answer.

Cheers and best of luck next year, it's a helluva an experience!

Back