Question about GT Sport's FIA partnered countries

  • Thread starter Thread starter Galaxander96
  • 6 comments
  • 1,669 views
Messages
78
United States
Houston, TX
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gtsport/license/

Hey guys,

So if you scroll down to the bottom of the page linked above, it gives you a list of countries eligible for utilizing the new digital FIA license.

My question(s) is/are, is the US in queue for adding to the list of countries there? What if it isn't? And if it isn't, what can be done about it? (The only North American countries on there are Belize and Mexico.)

Now, to be fair, that list was last updated in May 2016, and now that a year has passed since then, I became a little anxious about the possible updates of information that will come along sometime.

I would love to hear your inputs on this subject matter. Thanks!
 
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gtsport/license/

Hey guys,

So if you scroll down to the bottom of the page linked above, it gives you a list of countries eligible for utilizing the new digital FIA license.

My question(s) is/are, is the US in queue for adding to the list of countries there? What if it isn't? And if it isn't, what can be done about it? (The only North American countries on there are Belize and Mexico.)

Now, to be fair, that list was last updated in May 2016, and now that a year has passed since then, I became a little anxious about the possible updates of information that will come along sometime.

I would love to hear your inputs on this subject matter. Thanks!
I don't think anyone here can answer any of those questions. We're in wait and see mode.
 
My bigger question is, would it be just based on the actual player or the PSN accout too? Because what if someone is from let's say UAE but plays GT Sport on a US PSN Account, will he able to participate in?
 
My bigger question is, would it be just based on the actual player or the PSN accout too? Because what if someone is from let's say UAE but plays GT Sport on a US PSN Account, will he able to participate in?
I was asking myself the same question. I do remember back in 2014 GT Academy at Silverstone, among all the American competitors there was a Canadian there too. If this principle remains true, one can (in theory) be American and get their Digital FIA License through Mexico's FIA branch or something.

There's one reason why any of this is of concern to me: I have an unbreakable determination to become a professional racing driver, and I'm willing to risk everything, maybe even my life, to achieve this dream of mine. If I have to go to hades and back several times over just to do it, I will do so without hesitation. Nothing will stand in my way, not even this if it doesn't go my way.

Oops, sorry for the double posting, I apologize.
 
Last edited:
I was asking myself the same question. I do remember back in 2014 GT Academy at Silverstone, among all the American competitors there was a Canadian there too. If this principle remains true, one can (in theory) be American and get their Digital FIA License through Mexico's FIA branch or something.
Canada has been eligible for GTAcademy only once.
 
Back