Question about interior gauge accuracy/simulation

United States
United States
While participating in Race B (Trial Mountain Reverse), I noticed that my vehicle displayed oil/water readouts. It was really noticeable to me because I was using my PSVR2 headset and the values appeared to fluctuate based on my driving/throttle inputs. If I'm not mistaken, the totality of what GT7 is simulating isn't known but I could be wrong about that.

Does anyone know if the game is actually simulating oil/water temps/pressure or is it just for show? I'm assuming it's the latter because there isn't a game mechanic built around having those values in the correct window.

I would assume it’s just for show rather than actually meaning anything. Adds a touch of realism is all.
For example, if all the sudden a gauge was to show you had no oil pressure, would your engine blow up if you keep racing? I haven’t seen that happen in GT7. Similarly, if you were to sit there in first gear just revving away bouncing off the rev limiter for hours, you won’t see those gauges warn you of any adverse conditions and the engine will not blow up on you because the game doesn’t simulate that.

Most of the gauges appear pretty accurate and simulate what you’d expect to see in real world under normal conditions from what I’ve seen of them, but they’ll never show anything abnormal, unless it’s an error or glitch in the game, because the game doesn’t simulate things such as blown head gaskets, leaking coolant/oil lines, dead water pumps, batteries, alternators etc.

Back