Question about pit rules?

• Thread starter M62B44TU
  • 2 comments
Germany
Germany
hi all,
i have a question about pit rules. It's about the nations cup on 8th dec the next days... I drove last year the manufactor series and they gave me penalty for not using the pit... it was set on 3x times for tyres and i use only 2x times. I want to try out the nations cup and i can see the tyre requierment are only hard and the the tyre wear is by 3x. The gas are on 2x times. My question: It is possible to drive the event with no tyre change and only 1x time pitstop for fuel? (I know it's stupid but i do not understand the rules sometimes). Or i have to go in the pit for 3x times because the tyre regelmant are on 3x?
I dont get it...
Thx for help and sry about english...
greets 😊

hi all,
i have a question about pit rules. It's about the nations cup on 8th dec the next days... I drove last year the manufactor series and they gave me penalty for not using the pit... it was set on 3x times for tyres and i use only 2x times. I want to try out the nations cup and i can see the tyre requierment are only hard and the the tyre wear is by 3x. The gas are on 2x times. My question: It is possible to drive the event with no tyre change and only 1x time pitstop for fuel? (I know it's stupid but i do not understand the rules sometimes). Or i have to go in the pit for 3x times because the tyre regelmant are on 3x?
I dont get it...
Thx for help and sry about english...
greets 😊
Welcome to the forums!

That number doesn't mean how many times you need to pit for fuel or tyres. It's a multiplier on how fast your car uses fuel or wears out the tyres. So if a car could normally do around 20 laps before running out of fuel, it'll only do around 10 with 2x fuel. The multipliers sometimes get pretty high depending on what Polyphony are trying to make players consider during each race, such as fuel saving or pit strategy.

Based on the multipliers and race rules, the upcoming Nations race is likely going to be a sprint race with no pit stops, but I haven't tested that yet. There are no mandatory pit stops in the rules, there's only one compound of tyre available and the multipliers are very low.

You can tell what an upcoming race will require by looking in the Race Details. It tells you in there which tyre compounds you must do at least 1 lap on or if you must go through the pit lane during the race. If the race demands a minimum number of pit stops, you simply need to pass through the pit lane that number of times to fulfil the requirement - you don't have to take new tyres or add fuel if you don't think you need it.

1638647637866.png

Welcome to the forums!

That number doesn't mean how many times you need to pit for fuel or tyres. It's a multiplier on how fast your car uses fuel or wears out the tyres. So if a car could normally do around 20 laps before running out of fuel, it'll only do around 10 with 2x fuel. The multipliers sometimes get pretty high depending on what Polyphony are trying to make players consider during each race, such as fuel saving or pit strategy.

Based on the multipliers and race rules, the upcoming Nations race is likely going to be a sprint race with no pit stops, but I haven't tested that yet. There are no mandatory pit stops in the rules, there's only one compound of tyre available and the multipliers are very low.

You can tell what an upcoming race will require by looking in the Race Details. It tells you in there which tyre compounds you must do at least 1 lap on or if you must go through the pit lane during the race. If the race demands a minimum number of pit stops, you simply need to pass through the pit lane that number of times to fulfil the requirement - you don't have to take new tyres or add fuel if you don't think you need it.

View attachment 1097719
Thank you for the fast answer! I read this page in the web and there was a " -- ". I got the Playstation with the same page with " None " they didn't upload it in the web. And i don't look at the system :/. Okay so, thank you for you help!
greets

Back