Question about rigs. Playseat Trophy / 8020 - Playing other non racing games in the rig

• Thread starter klondike
  • 4 comments
Klondike_rush
Hello I have been thinking about upgrading my Playseat challenge and G29 for ages.

But never really get around to do it.

I play GT7 in PSVR2. But also sometimes I use the seat and play other non racing games where I slide the wheel arm over to the left, so that the whole wheel plate is away, and I can play in the chair with the PS5 Dual sense controller, without the wheel plate obstructing the area where i hold the dual sense controller.

I am going to miss being able to do that if I get another rig.

So the question is for owners of the Playseat trophy, can you sit in the rig and play with a Dual sense controller, or is the wheel plate and wheel obstructing the area to be able to do that ?

And also similar if I was to have a setup more like 8020, is the wheel plate obstructing the area where I would normally hold the dual sense controller in my hands ?

And also similar if I was to have a setup more like 8020, is the wheel plate obstructing the area where I would normally hold the dual sense controller in my hands ?
This would depend on your exact setup.
I had my sparco sprint l seat for months at a very high angle (great for short sessions & massive pressure on load cell pedals) and my knees would be just under the side mounts for the fanatec dd wheelbase. In my scenario there would be no space for the controller.

A Trophy owner here. It's quite a low slung (comfortable) seating position, so I think it would depend on where your TV is positioned in relation to the rig. If it's lower, then the wheel base might intrude on your view. Although I suppose this would be true for any rig. If you were to upgrade your G29 then the new wheel would most likely have a removable wheel rim, so that would help when controller-ing.

For reference I have this setup and if I remove the rim the base doesn't intrude on my view of the monitor. And the G Pro is quite a tall unit!
There's also plenty of room in front of me to hold a controller if needed.
IMG_20231220_130156_583.jpg

A Trophy owner here. It's quite a low slung (comfortable) seating position, so I think it would depend on where your TV is positioned in relation to the rig. If it's lower, then the wheel base might intrude on your view. Although I suppose this would be true for any rig. If you were to upgrade your G29 then the new wheel would most likely have a removable wheel rim, so that would help when controller-ing.

For reference I have this setup and if I remove the rim the base doesn't intrude on my view of the monitor. And the G Pro is quite a tall unit!
There's also plenty of room in front of me to hold a controller if needed.
View attachment 1326515
Hey, do you mind letting me know where you purchased the plate on your left that’s holding the mouse? Would love to add to mine.

Hey, do you mind letting me know where you purchased the plate on your left that’s holding the mouse? Would love to add to mine.
I bought it and the Trophy from Amazon at the same time. It's the official Playseat Trophy gear lever and handbrake mount. I just use it as a rest for my keypad (it's not a mouse) at the moment. It's actually quite handy for sitting a drink on also. 🙂

If Logitech produces some G Pro accessories I'm hoping they'll fit on there.

Back