Question about testing cars..

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xerophthalmia
  • 3 comments
  • 608 views
Messages
18
Denmark
Aarhus
Messages
eddiedietz
I've been playing GT5 for about 3 weeks and focused mostly on winning races and getting cars. Now I want to focus more on testing and comparing cars. I guess the way to go is "free run" on any given track and compare lap times? In free run mode there's a top 10 list of fastest lap times. Is it only possible to view the 10 fastest or how does it work?

The list also saves more than one lap time for the same car if the lap time isn't recorded in the same session. Is there a way to just show the best lap time of each car?

What is the easiest/best way to keep track of lap times for, let's say, 20 or 30 different cars? I guess I will stick to one race track first and then try others later.
 
The board displays best laps and improvements on best laps, you can only view 10, and I suggest keeping a laptop nearby with a spreadsheet open to record lap times that way.
 
Yes it's only 10 at a time. The problem is if you have one really fast car and come back a few times to test it will save all those times taking up so much on the list for just one car. Only way to get rid of it is by clearly the whole list or trying to beat it with other cars. It only saves the same car multiple times if you exit and test again. That could mean totaly turn off your ps3 and come back later and try or just by exiting the lap, making a small tune change, than pressing race again. I get why they do it since you will test a car and get a time than tune it a little and test again to see if it's faster. You need a new time to compare. Just dumb you can't choose to delete one at a time after.
 
Yeah, it's kind of dumb that you have to erase the whole list and also that you can't see more than 10.

Guess I'll have to use the laptop then. Thanks!
 
Back