Question about Tokyo Expressway

• Thread starter isamu
  • 3 comments

isamu

(Banned)
Hi guys quick question....

is Tokyo Expressway from GT Sport based on the real life Fukuoka Urban Expressway?

Tokyo Expressway:

Fukuoka Urban Expressway

What is the difference between the two from a regional and location standpoint?

Last edited:
It's a fictional layout, which they probably based it on the Shuto Expressway but with PD's own twist. Even the Central loop is not 100% C1 and is way shorter than the real one.

No, Tokyo Expressway is based on the Shutoko highway system in Tokyo. Some corners are similar to real life, but the actual route is different and fictional (likely because PD doesn't want to get in trouble with the Japanese government for promoting illegal street racing).

Central is based on some parts of the C1 loop, but much shorter overall (real C1 is around 10 km).

East's main straight is based on the long Wangan route tunnel. The esses are based on some parts of C1 again.

South is a bit hard to place, but it's reminiscent of the docks area in Yokohama and the pit building is a real life building too.

Fukuoka expressway is located way further to the south of Japan, in the Fukuoka city.

The Wangan Midnight arcade games, use actual real life routes and you can see all the maps in this link for comparison:
https://wanganmaxi-official.com/wanganmaxi5dxplus/en/system/course/

If you have time go on google maps and see if you can find all of them ;)

Last edited:
LeGeND-1, I was hoping you'd come in here and provide us with a response containing an incredible amount of amazing and educational info, and I wasn't disappointed! :lol: :bowdown:

Excellent post my friend and thanks for the detailed reply. Very fascinating to say the least! Welp, I really enjoy driving Tokyo Expressway and PD did a good job with this track but still doesn't beat drving the real thing in AC :cheers:

Back