Question about Update Data (9th Dec 2013) effecting Save Data.

  • Thread starter Thread starter photonrider
  • 16 comments
  • 1,451 views
Messages
7,436
Canada
Canada
Messages
photonrider
Could someone please take the time to explain this?



Notification I received this morning when trying to get into Seasonals.

This followed:



Does this mean the Sava Data will be gone for good - or only till you restart?
 
i just got the same..

did update.. and now cannot connect to Psn network.. game save seems ok though

I don think this is a PD upate

Seems the entire PSN connection is corrupted .. unsure exactly whats gone on
 
Last edited:
I had the same message a few days ago, I wouldn't worry about it.
 
I just signed in. I'll try and start the game and see what happens. There was maintenance scheduled..not sure if it was for today or not.

UPDATE: There was a small download, completed in seconds, but I didn't get the screens you guys got above. Just the usual, "Hey dummy, don't turn the power off...etc.." No mention in game of what the update was for. Everything seems the same so far.

The maintenance is apparently a regularly scheduled thing every Monday/Tuesday Morning from 11PM EST to 1AM EST.
 
I had the same message a few days ago, I wouldn't worry about it.

I Cant sign into PSN .. and I have no clue as to why ... and you say don't worry. ... lol

Helpfull advice
 
there is a PSN update, but it's not prompting me to do it automatically. I had to go into my settings and do it manually. It's an update for bluray closed caption... Once that's done you can login no problem.
 
I Cant sign into PSN .. and I have no clue as to why ... and you say don't worry. ... lol

Helpfull advice

I was referring to OP's message about save data, rather than PSN possibly being down ;)
 
there is a PSN update, but it's not prompting me to do it automatically. I had to go into my settings and do it manually. It's an update for bluray closed caption... Once that's done you can login no problem.

Have manually searched for an update.. which it did

But this has not changed anything..

All I get is ..

" an error has occured, you have been signed out of PSN.

( 80710092 ) error code
 
I think I understand what's happend

3 things

Sony changed my password
PD is linked to playstation store
PSN network update occured.

Reset password
updated PSN
updated store

now seems to be ok
 
The maintenance is apparently a regularly scheduled thing every Monday/Tuesday Morning from 11PM EST to 1AM EST.

This I can confirm with some evidence; this notification was shown on the 6th of December 2013:



So I was expecting an update today, Monday, but not a problem with it.

I just signed in. I'll try and start the game and see what happens. There was maintenance scheduled..not sure if it was for today or not.

UPDATE: There was a small download, completed in seconds, but I didn't get the screens you guys got above. Just the usual, "Hey dummy, don't turn the power off...etc.." No mention in game of what the update was for. Everything seems the same so far.

So basically what it is saying is, turn the game off and update your PS3, because if you go ahead and update whilst in GT6, then you may continue with the game but with your Save Data being unusable until one restarts?
Did you do the update while you were at the XMB or in the midst of playing GT6 whilst being logged in?
I was playing GT6 while being logged into PSN, and decided to go to the Seasonals - when I clicked on Seasonals, or Lobby. or Notifications was when the two messages in the OP popped up.
 
So basically what it is saying is, turn the game off and update your PS3, because if you go ahead and update whilst in GT6, then you may continue with the game but with your Save Data being unusable until one restarts?
Did you do the update while you were at the XMB or in the midst of playing GT6 whilst being logged in?
I was playing GT6 while being logged into PSN, and decided to go to the Seasonals - when I clicked on Seasonals, or Lobby. or Notifications was when the two messages in the OP popped up.

I never saw that warning message that I can remember. I booted up this morning, fired up the game and it gave me the update message as it started so yeah, it was from the XMB. In seconds it was downloaded and the game started no problem.
 
Thanks, Johnnypenso 👍

Two scenarios:

1. Go straight to the XMB, go to system updates (unless you've already checked Auto Update) and ask for latest update. This is what will come up:



And then this:



Once this update is done you can then enter Seasonals, etc in GT6.

2. You go to the game, it will ask you to update if you try to get online, but if you go this direction then the Save Data becomes unusable till you restart your PS3.

Keep in mind that PD are constantly sending micro-updates (almost every time one starts the game) but these updates are different to the larger Sony PS3 update.
 
Back