Question about updates and DLC

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eks
  • 8 comments
  • 765 views

Eks

Messages
2,055
United States
United States
Messages
Brucifxr
I am getting GT5 for Xmas so I don't have to wait for my bro to stop hogging
but that is beside the point. Something crossed my mind today...and it may be a stupid question.

Will I get every single update since release when I play GT5 for the first time? Like will I get Spec 2.0? Will I get the very first update? will I get every last feature added since release?
Oh..and will I have to download them one by one?



Now about the DLC.
When I buy/download all of them..I should get all of them in my delivery right?

My brother has the DLC cars already so I wouldn't know how it works when you first get them.





Thanks
 
Eks
I am getting GT5 for Xmas so I don't have to wait for my bro to stop hogging
but that is beside the point. Something crossed my mind today...and it may be a stupid question.

Will I get every single update since release when I play GT5 for the first time? Like will I get Spec 2.0? Will I get the very first update?
Yes, as long as you're connected to internet, your GT5 will force you to download the updates. Reason is that in order to play online or access seasonal events, you will need the latest patch installed.
Eks
will I get every last feature added since release?
Yes. (See above)
Eks
Oh..and will I have to download them one by one?
To be honest, I am not 100% sure, but I belive you have to download every single one, not download some, and stop at say Spec II.
As I have downloaded updates as they're released, i've never come across this situation.
Eks
Now about the DLC.
When I buy/download all of them..I should get all of them in my delivery right?
Yes, just remember to install them from the main Gran Turismo menu. (Red arrow to the right).
 
Yes, as long as you're connected to internet, your GT5 will force you to download the updates. Reason is that in order to play online or access seasonal events, you will need the latest patch installed.

To reduce the amount of updates needed to install, ask for the XL edition of GT5 as it will have all updates up to Spec 2.0 on the disc.

McSoap
To be honest, I am not 100% sure, but I belive you have to download every single one, not download some, and stop at say Spec II.
As I have downloaded updates as they're released, i've never come across this situation.

It does actually download them all at once, one after the other. There is no pauses to quit and play the game between them.
 
It does actually download them all at once, one after the other. There is no pauses to quit and play the game between them.
Yeah, thought so...

Thanks for confirmation though. 👍
 
Thanks guys :)

I was just making sure I wouldn't be deprived of anything just because I got the game late
:o
 
You won't, but be prepared that it will probably take a whole day just getting started with Gran Turismo 5. Downloading updates, installing them, installing game data (yep that takes some time as well), and once your patience got stretched enough you'll probably want to stay playing a while... :sly:
 
I got GT5 a year ago this week (I didn't even know it had come out.. I kept seeing prologue in stores but the full version was nowhere to be found, so I was waiting for the 'actual game' to come out) so I don't know if this info still holds true, but I had to download all of the updates consecutively, plus the time it takes to install the game data to reduce load times. It took.. 15 hours I think? I know I ended up going to sleep and it was still going =/ (NZ has some rubbish internet)

If you get the XL version though it will have all the major patches except the most recent ones
 
Yes ask for the XL edition. It should be about the same price, and it will come with most of the DLC content. I don't think it comes with Motegi? And I know it does not include the new Vette.. The Vette is free but Motegi is cost a few bucks.
 
Yes ask for the XL edition. It should be about the same price, and it will come with most of the DLC content. I don't think it comes with Motegi? And I know it does not include the new Vette.. The Vette is free but Motegi is cost a few bucks.

It comes with racing gear pack, paint pack, car packs 1 and 2, track pack 1 and speed test (Route X) as far as I know. I don't think it has car pack 3, not entirely sure though.
 
Back