Question about upgrades

  • Thread starter Thread starter Avengence
  • 3 comments
  • 470 views
Messages
3
Ok well I am sort of a newbie to the Gran Turismo scene but I have played numbers 1,2,3 a little bit. This is the first GT that I own. What I was wondering, is lets say I want to upgrade my suspension, and I have enough for stage 2 suspension or stage 2 turbo. But I havent gotten stage 1 yet. Can I just buy stage 2 and not ever have to buy stage 1 stuff? I was wondering this, because I bought stage 2 suspension which is coilovers and I didnt know if I needed to buy stage 1 also to get even better handling. I hope this isnt a stupid question. Thank you.
 
It's not, and likely a very hard subject to know what to search for.

Yes, you can simply buy Stage Y and not Stage X. If you buy X and Y, you only get the HP for Y.

AO
 
yes, for suspensions and turbos and NA tuning, u can skip stages. Only weight reduction, u have to go in order
 
I just wanted to point out that you should be careful what you spend your money on. Stage 3 turbo has huge lag, and without a very close ratio transmission it can actualy hurt your times on a given course. Same goes for suspension. Just buying the best doesn't mean you'll get better performance than a stage 1 unless you tune it to the car and your driving style.

hope this helps & good luck with the game.
 
Back