Question 'bout the races in this game

  • Thread starter Thread starter Punkis
  • 10 comments
  • 645 views
Messages
4
Israel
Israel
Messages
ThePunkis23
My friend asked this on another forum so I thought I'd better help him and ask it here:
I've been playing Gran Turismo 4 for years and there you have this amazing thing that you have "events" for each car company, for example Subaru events that you can do only with a Subaru and you win a Subaru in the end.
I bought Gran Turismo 6 for this exact reasons and now it seems to me this type of things is not possible. All I see is a very small amount of races available under the licenses. It looks like GT6 has 1% of the amount of available races in GT4.
So are these races inside the licenses are the only races? If so, will there be any type of company events for car brands? and if so, how do I reach them and when?
 
The races insides the licenses, the Seasonal events, The Red Bull X challenges, And the special Events are the only races you can do. There are manufacturer events in GT6 but they are called "One-Make" but there are very few of them.
 
Oh so I understand why people say 4 is better. Wish I'd known that before I payed 40 bucks for the damn thing.
Anyway, what are the seasonal events?
 
Oh so I understand why people say 4 is better. Wish I'd known that before I payed 40 bucks for the damn thing.
Anyway, what are the seasonal events?
Special races or TT's that are generally worth more money. The best part though is racing online against real people, not offline against AI(Artificial Idiots).
 
So another question, do the brands events exist on GT5?
 
No.
this amazing thing that you have "events" for each car company, for example Subaru events that you can do only with a Subaru and you win a Subaru in the end.
That was one of the most complained about things in GT4 and that specific event more than most - having to buy a Subaru 360 to race against other Subaru 360s only to be awarded... a Subaru 360 at the end.
 
Special races or TT's that are generally worth more money. The best part though is racing online against real people, not offline against AI(Artificial Idiots).

Yes - Mini Stiggy is right racing online with friends is the best thing about this game and probably the only reason to buy it. In the absence of an event creator it is also the only way to put together a full grid of interesting cars (the game often puts cars in an event which never raced together. As an example here's a picture from my "Cobra Ferrari Wars" race last Sunday - 14 Corvettes, Cobras, Ferraris and Jaguars all going for the win.

CFW Front Group.jpg
 
No.That was one of the most complained about things in GT4 and that specific event more than most - having to buy a Subaru 360 to race against other Subaru 360s only to be awarded... a Subaru 360 at the end.

I was talking about the other Subaru races, the event which gave you a car you could beat every race with
 
The races outside license category are goodwood, senna, arcade mode etc. However within the licenses, there are plenty of races including different categories of cars, mission races, actual license upgrade tests, coffee breaks like lunar and one make races.
If you ace every race first try and do not repeat, there's about 40hrs and hundreds of races and events.
Online there is seasonal a specs, time trials, drift and of course you can race with others.
Subjectively that's quite a lot of content for $40 if you enjoys it.
Do not pan it just based on criticism from jaded players.
I have not tried GT4 but played GT5. GT6 is pretty good just not ground breaking.
 
GT6 is worth every penny. Yes it has its problems but there is a serious amount of decent content for your money.
 
Back