Question for controller and setting..

• Thread starter us_matrix
  • 9 comments
Hi,
I just bought the GT4 game and playing on my PS3. Here is my question,
I am using the wireless controller but i feel it is very difficult to control (I try stick and left/right button on the controller) The car never stay in straight line (Keep me crash left and right all the time) and i have to constantly moving left and right to try to make the car run straight. Is it just me? Or that the way it is of using controller? What are you guys using stock controller or steering wheels? like after market steering wheel? Is it going to make a huge difference (Run straight line by itself)? If yes, which one is the best with reasonable price?

Also, What is the setting for Smoothing ON and OFF? Default is set to off.

Thanks.
Mugen

You might want to use the search option. Things like this tend to irritate moderators, and thats never a good thing.

Hi,
I just bought the GT4 game and playing on my PS3. Here is my question,
I am using the wireless controller but i feel it is very difficult to control (I try stick and left/right button on the controller) The car never stay in straight line (Keep me crash left and right all the time) and i have to constantly moving left and right to try to make the car run straight. Is it just me? Or that the way it is of using controller? What are you guys using stock controller or steering wheels? like after market steering wheel? Is it going to make a huge difference (Run straight line by itself)? If yes, which one is the best with reasonable price?

Also, What is the setting for Smoothing ON and OFF? Default is set to off.

Thanks.
Mugen

Smoothing is how the graphics are rendered in the ps3...I highly recomend a dfp (driving force pro) made by logitech...its is a reasonably priced wheel...unless you want to dive for the g25 which is most likely going to be the next gt wheel....If I were you, since you have a ps3, I would just bite the bullet and get a g25....Gt5 will most likely support that wheel...no info of wheel from PD however....Best bang for the buck DFP...quality wheel will not mis center or break if used correctly....I have 2...one free from logitech....:sly:

You might want to use the search option. Things like this tend to irritate moderators, and thats never a good thing.

If this was on PS2 I would agree. But since it's dealing specifically with the PS3 and there are known issues with GT4 on the PS3, I'll let this one slide. :)

Is that mean using controller PS3/PS2 are never be good for GT4 ? Like the problem i had (Never able to run in straight line....just sliding left or right). Or is there any setting i can change to make it better?

If this was on PS2 I would agree. But since it's dealing specifically with the PS3 and there are known issues with GT4 on the PS3, I'll let this one slide. :)

Your the moderator.

In that case, i agree fully with dking. The DFP is an awesome wheel. after you get used to using one, it wil make your experience a much more enjoyable one.

I would never use a wireless for GT! Imagine trying to steer but for some instant you're not exactly lined up with the remote eye on the PS2....and now you're slamming to a wall! :ouch: nope, it's hard-wire for me.

I would never use a wireless for GT! Imagine trying to steer but for some instant you're not exactly lined up with the remote eye on the PS2....and now you're slamming to a wall! :ouch: nope, it's hard-wire for me.

Well he is on ps3...so his "wireless" is bluetooth....no "remote eye" what so ever....

Latest Posts

Back