• 20 comments

RC45

660bhp Z07
(Banned)
United States
Texas
RC45
RC45
Does Forza 3 support the H-shifter as well as clutch on the 911 Turbo wheel or are you left with 2 pedal flappy pedal support?

I may be giving Forza 3 another chance thi stime without the controller... what with this latest DLC pack containing soem nice Ferraris as I understand it.

Thanks in advance,

RC "Forza and GT franchise addict" 45.

Now to find a Fanatec wheel somewhere - they always seem to be out of stock and relying on pre-orders.

You do realize that the turbo s 911 that is compatible for the xbox 360, pc, ps3 is sold out? Fanatec is coming out with a new model that is actually just a little nicer than that with about the same price point, pre orders are being taken with orders being filled and shipped most likely early Jan.

You do realize that the turbo s 911 that is compatible for the xbox 360, pc, ps3 is sold out? Fanatec is coming out with a new model that is actually just a little nicer than that with about the same price point, pre orders are being taken with orders being filled and shipped most likely early Jan.

I am well aware it is sold out. I had a pre-order a couple years ago and they screwed up the order then never made good - so I simply didnt bother spending any more money with them. They seem to have always had a problem with delivery and keeping to commited ship dates.

I see they have a new version on the cards and again have pre-sold and looked to have over commited and will no doubt under produce yet again and then probably fail to meet their ship dates as always.

I will buy a used one before I spend them money for a new one - I was just looking for confirmaiton that the H-gate was supported by Forza3 - Fanatecs business practice, support and ethics leave a lot to be desired - the battle I had to go through to get my prepaid preorder that they failed to deliver on last time, returned, is all the evidence that was needed.

I was just looking to see if I should finally get FM3 off the couch and the small monitor on the coffeee table and into the driving cocpit and onto the big TV - FM3 is my "arcade thrill" used to blow off steam - rFactor and now GT5 are for serious driving ;)

Well good luck in your quest, I'm sure you will find one sooner or later and yes Forza certainly is a fun game and can be rewarding racing when running with the right group. If your ever interested, this is the clan I'm associated with. Big membership and forza isn't the only racing title we play.

Well now you gone and done it. I just hit the 'Buy Me' on the GT2 wheel on their Webshop. :lol:

So much for "never" spend money with them again. Lets just hope they can deliver this time around - apparently they are almost all sold out again hehe.

WooHOOO!!!

Just got email confirmation from fanatec.

GT2 wheel is shipping!!!

Let's hope this time they can actually deliver it :)

So you guys say that this wheel will give FM3 an extra dose of reality and fun??

Good for you, I must say the upgraded wheel looks really sweet and I'm sure it will be top notch as fanatec has done a great job with their products.
I'm sure once you get it setup to your liking your going to really enjoy the racing on Forza.

You can look forward to getting your Fanatec wheel. It's gonna feel just like driving a real car. That's Forza 3 strongpoint in my opinion, the natural driving feel. It's up there along with great games like iRacing and Richard Burns Rally when it comes to getting the feeling right.

You can look forward to getting your Fanatec wheel. It's gonna feel just like driving a real car. That's Forza 3 strongpoint in my opinion, the natural driving feel. It's up there along with great games like iRacing and Richard Burns Rally when it comes to getting the feeling right.

I sure hope so, because having been stuck with the 360 controller for so long has had FM3 being my "arcade title with paints and photos" for the longest time.

I don't understand why they have made a mass production yes money is needed but I am sure there are companies out there that are willing to back them up on this, bestbuy or even maybe the big giant Walmart. Still I understand why they do what they do, it's easier for them to keep track and costs down!

I don't understand why they have made a mass production yes money is needed but I am sure there are companies out there that are willing to back them up on this, bestbuy or even maybe the big giant Walmart. Still I understand why they do what they do, it's easier for them to keep track and costs down!

Keep costs down? :lol: - I would hate to see Fanatec wheel prices that are when they dont keep prices down!! This wheel better be farging good - when I upgrade to the pedals later I will have almost as much money in this wheel set as a custom Frex setup - so yeah it better be damn good.

I kind of hope Fanatec will go "main streammass production" one day - they could be Logitech priced and still maintain good production.

Well the costs will only go down once they go main stream cause they can low their prices and yet still make more money in the long run. Yes you are right, they are expensive but right now they are the best ones at the market right now, maybe will change with the new official wheel from Thurst TS500 I think. That wheel is looking good and with those high end pedals, I am all over that bad boy! :P

OK, wheel came in today. Farging shifters are [MatressMac] "Back-back-back-back-ordered" [/MatressMac]

I have hooked it up and am mucking about in GT5 for now.Will try the XB360 a bit later.

So far I am impressed by the feel and apparent quality. Looks and feels amazing. Force is good, setup is a doddle and a blind pygmy could do it one handed in a monsoon.

I am still undecided if the 'feel' in game is better than the G25. There is not the same "let go when it gets loose" I am so used to after 5 years with the G25. The 911GT2 seems to be very "stiff" even when the car lets go and is loose. Kind of hard to describe, perhaps I can better get the feel I am looking for with some calibraiton.

Butttttt...... the feel when just driving is great. Fanatec even. ;) I hope the 'advanced heptic feel' shifter and ClubSport Pedals do the wheel justice - the G25 pedals work great so far. I guess without a shifter I am not feeling the GT5 clutch patch improvement.

:)

Wow - I just got a brand nerw game.

It's called Forza3.

The bottomline is that without this Fanatec GT2 RS wheel I never got a chance to see how great FM3 can be.

Now to work at driving all the cool cars I have bought via DLC over th elast 18 months or so :)

How did you set the GT2 up in Forza 3, i agree that it is a new game with a wheel but i am having issues with the clutch and H shifter.

The clutch i cant seem to get to work at all, the H shifter is generally ok but often thinks when in neutral its in 1st or 3rd??!!

Any advice please!

Bugger, I hope the shifter doesnt have issues - Fanatec still havent delivered the pedals of shifter so I dont know how they respond. I have been using the G25 pedals for now.

Ahhh i thought you had it all up and running, im using the G25 pedals too - i just read the manual and you can calibrate the shifter so i will give that a go next time i get permission to go on it ;)

I just had a thought, maybe i need to assign the clutch to the clutch pedal as obv the 360 wheel doesnt have one so wouldnt map it correct - again will give it a whirl!

Sorted the clutch and shifter issues!

Clutch i didnt have set on, set to manual + clutch and surprisingly it works ;)

Shifter is spot on after running the calibration.

Back