Question for Playseat Evolution and Playseat Challege Owners!

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 16 comments
Italy
Italy
karsten_beoulve
To make things short and fast, are those two able to be adjusted in height from the ground in any way?

What is the usual height of it from the ground in case it can't be adjusted?

I'm asking because my tv is 55" and it's wall mounted a bit higher that usual and i need a device that will allow me to be at the right height from it.

Thanks in advance!

You can't change height. You can only put something under, to lift the whole rig up. Or lower your TV/get a standalone stand for it.

The Challenge does allow for some height adjustment. You can loosen or tighten the straps to have higher GT driving position, or you can lower it for a more Formula-style height. The difference is only 6 inches or so, but the adjustability is there.

The Challenge does allow for some height adjustment. You can loosen or tighten the straps to have higher GT driving position, or you can lower it for a more Formula-style height. The difference is only 6 inches or so, but the adjustability is there.
Thanks this is a helpful start, now i just need a helpful guy owning one to measure the range and i may go for the buy!

Thanks this is a helpful start, now i just need a helpful guy owning one to measure the range and i may go for the buy!
I will see what I can do when I get my rig out tonight, as I run a Challenge.

I love you mate! :)
OK, had a play around with the range and realistically you have the following: which is based around me, and I'm 6 foot.

Lowest: top of backrest 35", eyeline 35"

Highest: 40", eyeline 40"

Personally I run it with the eyeline at 36" as that puts me in line with the centre of my screen.

Keep in mind that the lowest is semi single seat reclined position; and the highest would be a GT/TC/NASCAR position, far more upright and with the wheel closer.

I've grabbed a few pictures to give you an idea of what it looks like and the options you have to adjust it, as the straps for the lumbar, seat base and back of the legs does also provide a degree of adjustment as well.

The wheel can be set to three positions in terms of distance, however can't be adjusted for height, you do however have a very good range of adjustment for the angle its at. The lack of height adjustment is honestly my only issue with it. The pedal base can also be adjusted for reach quite easily.

I've had people of heights as varied as 5' 2" to 6" 8" use it without issue.

IMG_20171107_205413.jpg
IMG_20171107_205359.jpg
IMG_20171107_205335.jpg
IMG_20171107_205320.jpg
IMG_20171107_205312.jpg
IMG_20171107_205304.jpg
IMG_20171107_203857.jpg

And what it looks like with an old GTP'er in it.

IMG_20171107_210442.jpg

OK, had a play around with the range and realistically you have the following: which is based around me, and I'm 6 foot.

Lowest: top of backrest 35", eyeline 35"

Highest: 40", eyeline 40"

Personally I run it with the eyeline at 36" as that puts me in line with the centre of my screen.

Keep in mind that the lowest is semi single seat reclined position; and the highest would be a GT/TC/NASCAR position, far more upright and with the wheel closer.

I've grabbed a few pictures to give you an idea of what it looks like and the options you have to adjust it, as the straps for the lumbar, seat base and back of the legs does also provide a degree of adjustment as well.

The wheel can be set to three positions in terms of distance, however can't be adjusted for height, you do however have a very good range of adjustment for the angle its at. The lack of height adjustment is honestly my only issue with it. The pedal base can also be adjusted for reach quite easily.

I've had people of heights as varied as 5' 2" to 6" 8" use it without issue.

View attachment 688167 View attachment 688168 View attachment 688169 View attachment 688170 View attachment 688171 View attachment 688172 View attachment 688173

And what it looks like with an old GTP'er in it.

View attachment 688174
Thanks! i'll study the values after converting them to cms and *hope* they will fit to my tv set height!

@Scaff thanks for your time, it Sadly seems that it's about 15cms too low... i'll test with a chair at that height and if it works out I'll get one.

Not too optimistic but who knows? ;)

Thanks to @Scaff for the effort and explanation.I bought one myself now and no matter what i tried,the wheelplate won‘t fit for me.It‘s right up my face (with the DD Pro) even with“highest“ seating position.I have no idea how all other people manage this.I‘m not very tall (173cm) but should be tall enough.My TV is not in a very high position (lower edge 48cm) but even with a higher position it would be uncomfortable to use.The wheel is just too high.That doesn‘t matter though cause i bought it mainly for the seat and that one does not disappoint! I‘m very happy with it and it‘s rock solid combined withe wheelstand pro (which has ZERO flex).Attached it with a tension belt to the wheelstand.Love it ❣️

Attachments

• 75D32E63-57EA-42CA-815E-4A9CCD33A8D7.jpeg
    75D32E63-57EA-42CA-815E-4A9CCD33A8D7.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 48
I wish I'd thought about using the seat with a wheel stand instead of buying bad* again with a playseat evo and it's pesky center post...

*Budget decided but I do still own the challenge.

Seeing as this thread is live at the moment, the website says the Challenge is suitable for people up to 220cm (7ft 2in) tall, I can tell you as a 202cm tall person that finding a decent seating that catered for long legs was impossible. Up to 6ft 2in would be about its limit. Your money would be better spent on home building your rig to your own exact specs if you can't afford something high end.

I still wonder how this youtube guy Karl Gossling fits into this seat.He made a couple of videos with it.But compared to me he looks like Mike Tyson and for my size its perfect.Can‘t imagine being noticeably wider than me would be really comfortable 😁

And yes,that‘s another plus in my combination.The wheel(stand) is highly adjustable.Everything (height/angle) is possible.But i had to saw the wheelplate off left/right to have enough comfort for my legs.

I got the Wheelstand pro (the v2 deluxe) pretty cheap (40€) 2nd hand so i had no problem to torture it a bit.I also had to drill new holes for the wheelbase.

For me its perfect now.I‘m sure i could also use loadcell without a problem now but i don‘t need it (i‘m fine with the bk lab mods for the pedals)

Last edited:
I think I heard him (Karl) say he was 6ft but he looks like 6ft 3 in the rig. I looked like a folded up spider in mine so 7ft 2 would need to a contortionist.:lol: That's the only complaint I've got with the Challenge, anyway. Advertising an up to 220cm limit when in reality (and comfort!), you need to be 25cm under that to comfortably fit into it.

The only thing with wheel stands is fitting my legs and keeping the wheel comfortably close but I'd have to risk buying one to find out. My missus will string me up if it didn't work out...

Back