Question for the hybrid guys - default settings

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 7 comments

Greycap

The Flying Finn
Premium
Finland
Finland
As the hybriding enables changing certain things in a car, does it enable retrieving data from it? If yes, is it possible to:

1) Find out the default settings of a certain car?
2) Find out the default settings of a race car in Arcade Mode?

These two things would help a lot when trying to make certain cars handle in a certain way. Post here or PM me if you have info on the subject. :cheers:

1) Yes! For me it's usually the most useful thing when building "realistic" hybrids.
Suspension settings including the hidden damper travel value, LSD and gear ratios, they're all easy to find out with the right tools :) (namely an emulator and a memory editor)

2) Maybe. At least I strongly believe so, but haven't done any research on it..
Are you doubting they'd have used different settings for specific cars in Arcade mode than in GT mode?
Also it's possible they're using hard-coded settings in arcade mode and for opponent cars, but I really have no idea

No problem, ask anytime if you need more settings, I'm glad to be of any help :)
Good to hear the settings actually worked, I was in doubt at first because most of the values were out of normal ranges :lol:

Have a good christmas by the way :)

No problem, ask anytime if you need more settings, I'm glad to be of any help :)
Good to hear the settings actually worked, I was in doubt at first because most of the values were out of normal ranges :lol:

Have a good christmas by the way :)

lol, I wanna know too hahah. Yeah, I like to look at other cars "stock" values when I build my hybrids it really does help with making the "realistic" hybrids (ok, so my R32/S4 vw Lupo isn't all that realistic but it helps).

SpeedDrifter, what "hidden" damper travel value? Don't remember that in the .xls, lol any other goodies for addresses?

lol, I wanna know too hahah. Yeah, I like to look at other cars "stock" values when I build my hybrids it really does help with making the "realistic" hybrids (ok, so my R32/S4 vw Lupo isn't all that realistic but it helps).

SpeedDrifter, what "hidden" damper travel value? Don't remember that in the .xls, lol any other goodies for addresses?
You mean you wanna see the settings I gave him?

Damper travel is simply the correct name for the value we're accustomed to call "grip" :D
I still don't know what's the unit it's measured in, though, if there's one at all.. mind-boggling

I've been taking it quite easy on hybriding recently because of the oncoming holidays, and top of that I dislocated my left shoulder last saturday so even typing with keyboard isn't very fun right now :indiff:

Back