• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 5 comments

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
My bluray drive is dead and having moved from PS3 to PS4 it hasn't bothered me that much but I really want to play some GT6 again so was thinking of buying the Digital version so that I can.
Does anyone know if the Digital version will pick up my garage, progress and updates already on my PS3 or if it will just overwrite everything during install and force me to start from scratch?

Also my disc is the special edition with the extra special livery cars so I'm wondering if I just got the standard version digital download whether I would lose those cars (having already used the codes to obtain them).

If anyone can answer those questions that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

:cheers:

My bluray drive is dead and having moved from PS3 to PS4 it hasn't bothered me that much but I really want to play some GT6 again so was thinking of buying the Digital version so that I can.
Does anyone know if the Digital version will pick up my garage, progress and updates already on my PS3 or if it will just overwrite everything during install and force me to start from scratch?

Also my disc is the special edition with the extra special livery cars so I'm wondering if I just got the standard version digital download whether I would lose those cars (having already used the codes to obtain them).

If anyone can answer those questions that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

:cheers:
as long you got gt6 saved data to your ps3 system it should be good

I can't find the thread this was detailed in. I read that a digital copy won't keep your progress and that you will have to transfer your game save to a USB stick, and then go through the 6 to 10 hours of game updates.

Hmmm that's what I figured would probably be the case. Thanks. :)

Response I got from PlayStation support was that if the disc and digital version were the same region then it should keep the data and save. (In other words they don't really know either).

I've decided to give it crack and see what happens.

Bought the standard edition digital version - 15Gb download - approx 1.5 hours to download.
Install and subsequent 21 updates and installs - approx 7 hours to complete. The install of the digital version obviously overwrites the original game data on the HDD from the disc version which contained all the updates which had previously already been installed meaning they had to be downloaded and installed again. I pretty much had expected that would happen and I did double check that it hadn't just created a separate set of GT6 game data (didn't need 2 lots of 20Gb+ GT6 data on my HDD ;)).
I had backed up my game save just in case, however, when finally able to actually get into the game it had preserved my game save without any need to restore the backup.
I did have to reload all the car thumbnails in my garage however and none of my previous lap times etc were preserved - but it had been over 18 months since I'd been on the game.
Fortunately all of my 15th Anniversary cars were still there - I was a little concerned they might not make it, so I am happy about that. :)

Back