Question on car customization..

• Thread starter Vaxxtx
  • 12 comments
United States
San Antonio Tex
Vaxxtx
Vaxxtx
So, just got a Xbox and F3 last weekend. I love making custom cars.

My main game is Shift2 on the PS3. The engine upgrades, tuning, and bodykits are great. The paint/vinyl editor is horrid though. I was able to make some cool designs with it though.

I noticed some of the cars in F3 have rollbars. In S2 it was easy to upgrade the cockpit of a car from stock, to street (new wheel), race (wheel gauges, and small rollbars) and then full race (full rollbar, guages, etc.). The cool thing is whatever you paint your car the rollbars get painted too.

1. How do I get rollbas in a car? What upgrade option?

2. Are they paintable?

So, just got a Xbox and F3 last weekend. I love making custom cars.

My main game is Shift2 on the PS3. The engine upgrades, tuning, and bodykits are great. The paint/vinyl editor is horrid though. I was able to make some cool designs with it though.

I noticed some of the cars in F3 have rollbars. In S2 it was easy to upgrade the cockpit of a car from stock, to street (new wheel), race (wheel gauges, and small rollbars) and then full race (full rollbar, guages, etc.). The cool thing is whatever you paint your car the rollbars get painted too.

1. How do I get rollbas in a car? What upgrade option?

2. Are they paintable?

The rollcage is in the chassis section I believe, right next to the Weight Management. I forgot where, I exactly what its called, its in the upgrade dept for sure.

You cant paint the rollcage, thats ricer.

The rollcage is in the chassis section I believe, right next to the Weight Management. I forgot where, I exactly what its called, its in the upgrade dept for sure.

You cant paint the rollcage, thats ricer.

LOL. Having the rollcage match the car base color, I dont find to be "ricer", but that made me laugh anyway.

Thanks for the help.

Just to confirm, are you talking roll bars or roll cages? Roll cages are in FM3, and cannot be painted. Roll cages are accessed in the weight reduction under the tuning/parts section.

Keep in mind, though, that in Shift 2, a roll cage was purely cosmetic. Changing your cockpit didn't affect the car. Uprading the car with a full cage in FM3 will increase the overall rigidity quite a bit. So, don't be suprised by the change in handling ;)

I've seen as much as 113lbs in some of the larger vehicles, usually the older American stuff that really needs the bracing to prevent flex.

Worth noting it also affects weight distribution.

I had to put a roll cage on my R34 because I realized that the G's pulled during acceleration would just deform the chassis. (Assuming this happens in FM3, I'm not sure it does but I know it helps) Sadly I had to redo the tune because, well it creates a fair bit of understeer. Especially since it's AWD.

FM3 models chassis flex, so there's definitely a point to the roll cage. Of course, it can create understeer if the car isn't tuned accordingly...

So far I haven't noticed a way of fixing chassis flex if it gets to be a problem, I'm hoping for FM4 that they will include something like that.

Thanks for the info. I wont be driving the cars until my Fanatec comes in, because I cannot stand the MS wheel after using a DFGT. So selling both, and getting the GT2.

While I wait, I will paint some cars.

Back