Question on Driving Technique

  • Thread starter Thread starter Michael_6835
  • 1 comments
  • 521 views
Messages
6
I was driving the Elise 111R RM on tuned from some specs I got out of the tuning forum. I raced this on the London Track and while I was able to beat the competition, I cannot for the life of manage the car as I would like.

There is a chicane where I am always losing the rear.

What I've tried so far:
Easing up on the gas and trying to work the steering - this works sometimes, but most times I end up over shooting my line and having to swerve to get back on track.


I've also tried braking, however I have noticed that when I hit the brake, that it causes the lock up and causes me to spin out. I had this problem with IA final test as well, with it locking up. So I must be doing something wrong, how should I handle those turns to stay on the lines. The driving line is blue, so that means I should be able to speed thru, no?
 
Game advice: Don't use driving line. it is a misleading and destructive aid; It ONLY help if you have absolutely no clue how the track goes.

Mechanical advice: adjust your brake bias. brake pedal is not an on/off switch

Driving advice: 99% of the issue people have with MR cars are due to charging the corner or simply carry way too much speed into corners; which at some point during cornering, they THEN realize they simply carry too much speed and attempt to 'correct' it by abruptly lifting off the throttle or even brake in the middle of the corner. With deceleration comes weight trasfer to the front, causing lost of rear traction on a car with most of its weight in the back and therefore a spin.

Try to slow up before the car is at an angle of no more than (or up to) 15 degrees from directly straight and trail the brake as you turn the car in.

unknown factor about your question:
- are you using a wheel or controller?
- what kind of assist you have on?
- what kind of set up you have on your car?
 
Last edited:
Back