Question on the penalty system

• Thread starter ImMano99
  • 4 comments
France
France
Hello,

I know all this penalty system is screwed up.
It’s been that way for ages and probably won’t ever change.

I just wonder about the “hitting another car penalty”. During races last weekend, Dragon Trails, I spin out, and loose control, bumped the wall enough to push me back on track. For some reason, I didn’t get ghosted and this poor guy comes behind and boom right into me.

I get a 2 sec penalty! How could I help that…? Can’t they ghost me when this happens?

Now what I wonder, when you overtake someone salty, they do the classic little thing trying to push you out… Ridiculous, but anyway… How do penaltys work on this. I know after a certain amount of hit you get a penalty but on Laguna this week, it’s horrendous, some just try and push you off as much as they can and they don’t even get a penalty!!! All that happens is you get a penalty for track limits…

There should be a system added up that when you race, you got a track lane that the computer recognises for you with a little bit of margin and if you make dangerous moves out of your lane you get a penalty. I guess it's not easy but at this point, let's all race just ghosted and people will maybe stop

Seems you answered your own question, it's screwed! Racing against ghosts isn't racing, it's a big time trial. No racecraft required.

World touring car 800. Watkins Glen International pp800 using my Ferrari F430 '06.10 lap race.

You Use the pit and when in auto drive on the way out of the pit. it gives you a 3 seconds time penalty.! Whilst in auto drive! . Says you have "cut the corner" yet still in auto drive. Hardly fair.?! This is clearly a glitch that needs to be looked into and fixed on the next update.

It also does this exact same thing with the...

GR. 1 prototype series. Daytona International speedway. pp950 using both Toyota TS050 hybrid and the Hyundai N2025 VGT gr. 1. It makes reaching 1st impossible.

World touring car 800. Watkins Glen International pp800 using my Ferrari F430 '06.10 lap race.

You Use the pit and when in auto drive on the way out of the pit. it gives you a 3 seconds time penalty.! Whilst in auto drive! . Says you have "cut the corner" yet still in auto drive. Hardly fair.?! This is clearly a glitch that needs to be looked into and fixed on the next update.

It also does this exact same thing with the...

GR. 1 prototype series. Daytona International speedway. pp950 using both Toyota TS050 hybrid and the Hyundai N2025 VGT gr. 1. It makes reaching 1st impossible.
You get it for exceeding the pit lane entry limits, not the exit limits. They are very tricky entries, so be sure you're going slow enough to stay within the lines.

Also they're in Gran Turismo 7; this is the GT Sport forum.

Latest Posts

Back