Question on Tire locking/tire skidding.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ICEYOU
  • 13 comments
  • 1,154 views

ICEYOU

(Banned)
Messages
2,455
United States
New York
I can only get my Supra RZ and Viper ACR to skid in a straight line while my other's can't, why is this? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a certain way to do it with each different car? Does it only work with a certain type of car?

This is what I'm trying to do with my other cars in GT5(full version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUQQIv7A0eA&feature=related
 
Last edited:
Try turning abs off and making the brakes 0 at the back and something high at the front.
 
Try turning abs off and making the brakes 0 at the back and something high at the front.

Tried it with my '04 GTO, didn't work. Does horsepower play a role?
 
Tried it with my GTO, didn't work. Does horsepower play a role?

I don't think so

did you try making the front brakes 10 and rear 0

horsepower will play a role if you are accelerating and trying to lock the front tires.

But if you are braking and trying to lock the front tires then it is not horsepower.

Try getting more speed then slamming the breaks
 
Use less grippy tyres, all driving aids off and the brake bias set to F10-R0. You can do this in almost any rear wheel drive car, even F1's.
 
Use less grippy tyres, all driving aids off and the brake bias set to F10-R0. You can do this in almost any rear wheel drive car, even F1's.

How could I have forgot

Yea make sure to use low grip tires.

sorry :D
 
Use less grippy tyres, all driving aids off and the brake bias set to F10-R0. You can do this in almost any rear wheel drive car, even F1's.

Thanks
 
MOST cars in the game cant do this if the rear brakes are set too high.

ONLY car I can get to do brakestands is the TVR Speed 12. I can drop it in 3rd gear and brake stand the hell out of that car with bias set at 7/7 with brand new racing softs, all other cars lack torque and bog down.
 
MOST cars in the game cant do this if the rear brakes are set too high.

ONLY car I can get to do brakestands is the TVR Speed 12. I can drop it in 3rd gear and brake stand the hell out of that car with bias set at 7/7 with brand new racing softs, all other cars lack torque and bog down.

Why would you use racing softs?
 
because if you have hards or anything different you will spin into 5th in a straight line if not 6th with that car. way more torque then any car in the game from what i've seen.
 
because if you have hards or anything different you will spin into 5th in a straight line if not 6th with that car. way more torque then any car in the game from what i've seen.

so maybe you shouldn't hammer it into 5th gear?

or am i missing something
 
I can do brake stands all day in many low powered cars with sport hard or softs, usually online in a show and trade room. I love using my 66 Shelby Gt350, only 350 hp. My Buick GNR has 365hp and also does these great. i can do real slow doughnuts or just drive sideways at slow speeds. The physics when doing this are much more realistic than previous GTs. On occasion though the steering goes a little wonky, and I have never had to adjust the brake setting, but must get tires spinning fast then apply just a little brake, about 10% or less.💡
 
how else do you accelerate?

are you stupid? it spins into 4th with barely any throttle.

No I am not stupid.

You can accelerate without hammering the accelerator.

You never said it spins in 4th with barely any throttle
 
Back