Question On USB Transfer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lavindathar
  • 9 comments
  • 642 views
Messages
38
Ok, I have a 40GB Hard drive in a caddy, which I use as a storage/transport between my various computers.

I was wondering, can I connect this to the playstation, to transfer photos/videos across?

If it's just the file, I would have thought it worked. But I didnt want to just try it out.

(It's one of my old laptop HDD if that makes any difference.)
 
Do a search on this forum, then you'll discover what you can and can't do with your USB hdd. :sly:

Cheers
the Interceptor
 
Most likely yes, if it's by USB. Portable hard drives so be based on the same components as flash.
 
STiGoFLyBy
Most likely yes, if it's by USB. Portable hard drives so be based on the same components as flash.

Not if it's a laptop drive it won't
 
or, just grab a thumb drive aat your local bestbuy or tigerdirect.com. id go with tigerdirect.com because they are cheaper and comein sizes up to 4GB

you can only get up to 512MB at bestbuy :sly:
 
I did a search but didn't find exactly what I wanted.

I'll just try it and see if it works.

I thought the point of the caddy basically turned the laptop HDD into a working flash drive.
 
Ok, I have a 40GB Hard drive in a caddy, which I use as a storage/transport between my various computers.

I was wondering, can I connect this to the playstation, to transfer photos/videos across?

If it's just the file, I would have thought it worked. But I didnt want to just try it out.

(It's one of my old laptop HDD if that makes any difference.)....

I did a search but didn't find exactly what I wanted.

I'll just try it and see if it works.

I thought the point of the caddy basically turned the laptop HDD into a working flash drive.

Well if you find out if it works or not please post back as this would be usefull to know in an event of me getting an external HDD. BTW do any of you know if an I-Pod will work? im interested to know if anyone has it working with GT4. im sure it should though.
 
Nope, didn't work. But maybe that's because its a laptop HDD and not a desktop. I daint know.

I'm not gonna buy a flash drive just so that I can get GT4 stuff over lol.

Like Sprite said, does anyone know if MP3 players work?
 
Lavindathar
Nope, didn't work. But maybe that's because its a laptop HDD and not a desktop. I daint know.

It didn't work with my desktop hdd in external usb2.0 enclosure either. I'm not surprised it didn't work with a laptop hdd
 
Back