Question Regarding Sreenshots

• Thread starter GTchicken
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
Hi,

I recently aquired an Xbox One and Forza 6. How do you save screenshots from the Xbox Game DVR? Do you actually need a Gold Membership to do that? I tried saving the photos, and it gave a error. I also stuck a USB drive in to perhaps copy the photo to it, to no success. I finally streamed the Xbox to my PC and saved a screenshot using Windows, however having to do that isn't a long term fix and practical.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I recently aquired an Xbox One and Forza 6. How do you save screenshots from the Xbox Game DVR? Do you actually need a Gold Membership to do that? I tried saving the photos, and it gave a error. I also stuck a USB drive in to perhaps copy the photo to it, to no success. I finally streamed the Xbox to my PC and saved a screenshot using Windows, however having to do that isn't a long term fix and practical.

Thanks
I'm having the same problem. I don't have a gold membership yet either. I can get the screenshots to my game DVR, but I can't do anything with them. I don't have a PC, so I can't do what you did. I tried looking online, but I think it's because I don't have gold yet is what I come up with.

XboxDVR connects to your gamertag and hosts all your screenshots and video clips. I don't know if you need gold to use it, however, but it is free.

I can't imagine having to pay save screenshots, that would be ridiciculous. I wish I could stick my USB drive into the Xbox and save the screenshots I took, but I cannot figure out how to do it. What kind of evil person designed this console, where it's impossible to save a screenshot? In Gran Turismo 6 I took a photo in photo mode, saved it to the PS3, and transfered it to a USB drive, simple and done.

Last edited:
I can't imagine having to pay save screenshots, that would be ridiciculous. I wish I could stick my USB drive into the Xbox and save the screenshots I took, but I cannot figure out how to do it. What kind of evil person designed this console, where it's impossible to save a screenshot? In Gran Turismo 6 I took a screenshot saved it to the PS3, and transfered it to a USB drive, simple and done.
There's got to be some other way. I just read that you need gold to share the pictures, like to Twitter and other apps, but surely not everyone who posts pictures has gold or uses a PC. I'm not real technologically savy at all, I'm just trying to find an answer too.

If you're talking about uploading screenshots while in the FM6 uploading software, than you'll have to go www.forzamotorsport.net and click the community tab. I don't believe you need gold but you can test it out by uploading one, and then checking out the page after a bit

If you're talking about screenshots through the xbox dashboard, while you don't need gold for the original process, you can also just go to www.xboxdvr.com and search up your gamertag.

If you're talking about uploading screenshots while in the FM6 uploading software, than you'll have to go www.forzamotorsport.net and click the community tab. I don't believe you need gold but you can test it out by uploading one, and then checking out the page after a bit

If you're talking about screenshots through the xbox dashboard, while you don't need gold for the original process, you can also just go to www.xboxdvr.com and search up your gamertag.
Thanks! I used the forzamotorsport.net option and I can see one I had uploaded. Say I wanted to get a picture from there to here, I would just save it to my phone I guess? I think I will need Xbox gold for the other site though. I've already tried xboxclips.com too, and even though I have several screenshots on my DVR, it doesn't show any of them. Even on the smartglass app I have, there's a place to click for screenshots and they don't show up in that either.

Thanks! I used the forzamotorsport.net option and I can see one I had uploaded. Say I wanted to get a picture from there to here, I would just save it to my phone I guess? I think I will need Xbox gold for the other site though. I've already tried xboxclips.com too, and even though I have several screenshots on my DVR, it doesn't show any of them. Even on the smartglass app I have, there's a place to click for screenshots and they don't show up in that either.
Yeah, once you open up the photo you can just save the photo. Once here, you can select the "Upload a File" button and post it directly.

It seems you are correct about the www.xboxdvr.com site needing Xbox live. In order for your screenshots/videos to show up at all you'll need Gold.

Sorry, I don't wish to rant, however, requiring Gold just to upload screenshots is absolutely cockamamie and something that should be free to do. Greedy Microsoft! I guess I will have to stream my Xbox to my PC and use Windows to snap photos for now :irked:

Sorry, I don't wish to rant, however, requiring Gold just to upload screenshots is absolutely cockamamie and something that should be free to do. Greedy Microsoft! I guess I will have to stream my Xbox to my PC and use Windows to snap photos for now :irked:
For now I'm using forzamotorsport.net. That works like @ImaRobot said it would. You have to use the in game camera and share them in game and just go to that website and get them. It would be easier just to use a screenshot though :/

Back