Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ranman20
  • 24 comments
  • 1,373 views
Messages
2,503
United States
Prince George's
Messages
Team-Piggysmalls
I personally like the fictional red bull.

But why do people hate it so much. Like I said "fictional" so its unbelievable handling( you can't blame it for that).

I do understand it rams you like crazy on the straits online. But what does that have to do anything about the car itself.

And why do people always assume your a kid or teen for driving it. Like what, your acting like a kid assuming false statements.

Did I sum up everything or did I miss something.
 
I love lapping it on high speed tracks like Le Mans and Monza. So much fun if you are running for real and not being a 🤬🤬 to everyone.
 
I personally like the fictional red bull.

But why do people hate it so much. Like I said "fictional" so its unbelievable handling( you can't blame it for that).

I do understand it rams you like crazy on the straits online. But what does that have to do anything about the car itself.

And why do people always assume your a kid or teen for driving it. Like what, your acting like a kid assuming false statements.

Did I sum up everything or did I miss something.

Maybe because you became an "amateur" again.
 
It is the incompetence and over-cockiness of the die hard red-bull X1 drivers. Tip: before entering lobbies with it, do an endurance race with it. I did the Laguna Seca 200 and Tsukuba 9 hours with it and now know how to fully control it. If you can drive and are in a "screw around and do whatever you want" lobby, as long as you're not dragging or ramming with it, you typically fine. At least in my lobbies. As a rule: don't get in the way.
 
Its the online troll car. Everyone hates it for that reason.

The only thing fictional about it, is its existence. Its abilities are completely possible
 
seanneedscar
Its the online troll car. Everyone hates it for that reason.

The only thing fictional about it, is its existence. Its abilities are completely possible

It can be achieved but it will be hard to do it and hella expensive
 
Because usually only noObs drive them. And if its a room of a bunch of Hondas, Fords, or Nissans then it's super annoying to have someone shooting past you, taming into you, causing other drivers to wreck because they can't properly drive the darn thing.
 
It can be achieved but it will be hard to do it and hella expensive

You'd need a G suit to drive it and even then you wouldn't be guaranteed to get back to the pits in one piece.

Plus to be frank I'd rather watch the slower F1s where I can actually see what's going on rather than watch the Red Bulls going at a mind boggling pace.
 
The X2010 is the car that got me to do b-spec - as in reaching L35 to unlock it. Then it became the grind car for bob to get him to L40 long before any update. I was offline for the 1st year so levelling up in bspec meant repeating the Le Mans in the X2010 and letting the PS3 work through the night over and over:lol:

I only really used it myself for the Suzuka 1000km - many times just as practice for the Vettel challenge and the Like the Wind grind for cash!

I might take it for a spin around Kart Space just for fun!👍

To answer the OP, I don't really hate it, but now I have no use for it.
 
Giulietta73
The X2010 is the car that got me to do b-spec - as in reaching L35 to unlock it. Then it became the grind car for bob to get him to L40 long before any update. I was offline for the 1st year so levelling up in bspec meant repeating the Le Mans in the X2010 and letting the PS3 work through the night over and over:lol:

I only really used it myself for the Suzuka 1000km - many times just as practice for the Vettel challenge and the Like the Wind grind for cash!

I might take it for a spin around Kart Space just for fun!👍

To answer the OP, I don't really hate it, but now I have no use for it.

What about your ps3? DI'd you leave it on for the day....I haven't tried it but I don't want to risk getting ylod
 
The PS3 is still going strong after at least 10 24hr stints.👍 It sits on the top of the TV cabinet and is raised up on plastic bottle tops to let the air circulate all round it to avoid overheating. If it was tucked away with the dvd player etc, I don't think I would have chanced it.

There's a lot of discussion on another thread somewhere saying that it's better to keep the PS3 on all the time as its the turning it on and off, the heating and cooling that kills the circuitry. I guess that make sense - apart from the electricity bill:lol:.

I'm glad we have the suspend race function now though!
 
I haven't turned my PS3 off since I put GT5 in it back in November of 2010.
 
I haven't turned my PS3 off since I put GT5 in it back in November of 2010.

Find that hard to believe but if it is true that's a hell of a lot of wasted electricity.
 
Eric W
I haven't turned my PS3 off since I put GT5 in it back in November of 2010.

Dang
 
I haven't turned my PS3 off since I put GT5 in it back in November of 2010.

I think it's the expanding and contracting of parts from being turned on and off, that contributes to the early demise of electronics. I had one PC from 1997 to 2007 and another from 2007 to 2012 and neither one was turned off for a combined 15 years and never had a problem. My PS3 is often on for days at a time as well and never had a problem with it either.

When not in use the PS3 consumes about 2 watts of power. Takes 500 hours then or 3 weeks to consume 1kw which here in Ontario is about 8cents. Maybe $1.25 a year. In other words, peanuts.
 
Johnnypenso
I think it's the expanding and contracting of parts from being turned on and off, that contributes to the early demise of electronics. I had one PC from 1997 to 2007 and another from 2007 to 2012 and neither one was turned off for a combined 15 years and never had a problem. My PS3 is often on for days at a time as well and never had a problem with it either.

Boss. I got my ps3 at november 2012. I'm hoping to do the 24hr b spec this week successful( in energy wise, no over heating hopefully). I got the super slim if that means anything
 
Wow. No power outage or anything???

Well of course I've lost power a couple times over the past 2 1/2 year but all that I'm saying is that I never turn off my PS3. But sure it's been off during those infrequent power outages.
 
I think it's the expanding and contracting of parts from being turned on and off, that contributes to the early demise of electronics. I had one PC from 1997 to 2007 and another from 2007 to 2012 and neither one was turned off for a combined 15 years and never had a problem. My PS3 is often on for days at a time as well and never had a problem with it either.

When not in use the PS3 consumes about 2 watts of power. Takes 500 hours then or 3 weeks to consume 1kw which here in Ontario is about 8cents. Maybe $1.25 a year. In other words, peanuts.

Are you talking about on standby (red light) or on (green light) and idle? Because it sounds like the latter and that uses a lot more than 2 watts, 75 -170 watts depending on the model.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10318727-1.html

It's a waste of energy not putting it on standby, under normal usage the PS3 isn't going to mind going on and off.
 
I personally like the fictional red bull.

But why do people hate it so much. Like I said "fictional" so its unbelievable handling( you can't blame it for that).

I do understand it rams you like crazy on the straits online. But what does that have to do anything about the car itself.

And why do people always assume your a kid or teen for driving it. Like what, your acting like a kid assuming false statements.

Did I sum up everything or did I miss something.

People just hate it a lot. Imagine this. I'm drifting and I'm getting good angle/drifting line and some punk rams you off the road how would you feel about that....I'm using a wheel and when somebody rams me my wheel shakes and turns violently and honestly it hurts your hands. Even I assume its kids most of the time. A old dude ramming..? I don't see that happening a lot but with kids/teens quite often.
 
I can't understand why people, not all, think every online lobby is a free-for-all and they can race whatever they feel like.

A lot of people like to race similar classes of cars but unfortunately there isn't an easy way to enforce rules unless your running Kart, NASCAR, Vintage Muscle, GT300, GT500, Ferrari, or Lamborghini Roadcars.

It's really too bad that there isn't a way to create your own classes of vehicles to race so we wouldn't need to verbally enforce a set of rules.
 
People just hate it a lot. Imagine this. I'm drifting and I'm getting good angle/drifting line and some punk rams you off the road how would you feel about that....I'm using a wheel and when somebody rams me my wheel shakes and turns violently and honestly it hurts your hands. Even I assume its kids most of the time. A old dude ramming..? I don't see that happening a lot but with kids/teens quite often.

True story. Happened to me a while back. When I quizzed the guy / child as to why he was "driving that thing in a drift room with roadcars", he racially abused me (even though he doesn't know what race I am :lol:).

I can't understand why people, not all, think every online lobby is a free-for-all and they can race whatever they feel like.

A lot of people like to race similar classes of cars but unfortunately there isn't an easy way to enforce rules unless your running Kart, NASCAR, Vintage Muscle, GT300, GT500, Ferrari, or Lamborghini Roadcars.

It's really too bad that there isn't a way to create your own classes of vehicles to race so we wouldn't need to verbally enforce a set of rules.

This is also true. Why can't people get it?
You're in a room, everyone is in a road car driving normally and having fun. Then, some moron decides they'll jump into an RBX (normally the DLC one) and drive like a doughnut.
Very very annoying. Even the noise it makes grates on me.

Using it as a B-spec tool is the only thing its good for. I've put nearly 50,000 miles on my RBX2010 Prototype:lol:.
 
Well of course I've lost power a couple times over the past 2 1/2 year but all that I'm saying is that I never turn off my PS3. But sure it's been off during those infrequent power outages.

Wow, I'll add you on PSN just because of that.
 
Back