[QUESTIONNAIRE] Communication

• Thread starter Rossell
  • 6 comments
Hi folks. Could you fill this questionnaire in for me please if you work for a big company? Joke answers are not appreciated. Thank you :)

What do you do within the company?

What kind of communications does your company use?

Are face-to-face meetings far more effective then any other method of communication?

How do you feel you could increase efficiency within your own company?

What is your preferred method of communication within your company?

Does your company keep minutes?

What method of communication is the most effective and cost-protective?

Originally posted by Rossell
Hi folks. Could you fill this questionnaire in for me please if you work for a big company? Joke answers are not appreciated. Thank you :)

I am a charge nurse of a physical rehab unit

Face to face, memos, e-mail

Are face-to-face meetings far more effective then any other method of communication?
Sometimes. Face to face allows you to gauge reactions to communiques.

Increase the number of staff on each unit by 2 persons. Give EVERYONE access to the E-mail system. As it stands now only the secretaries and Licensed personnel that have a reason to use the computer have access.

First the managers are called together, told what is happening, then they disemminate the information to their respective departments

All that is told to the managers, winds up in a group e-mail.

Face to face meetings. If the CEO's/ Upper level Managers come around and deliver the big announcements they can gauge the reaction to the "news". Otherwise calling the middle level managers together, informing them and having them inform their departments Is prolly the best way to get information out in a timely fashion.

I assume that you are doing this for a communication class. I hope you get enough replys for your survey to be considered valid.

1 Design Engineer
2 In the office we use phone, IMs, Phone conferencing,Face to face meetings, E-mail.
3 Sometimes. Depends on the subject and who you are communicating with. Some people need the face to face meeting to get the point.Some subjects need meetings.
4 If you are talking about comunication then possibly webcams in offices so certain key people don't have to leave their facility to travel to another for a meeting.
5. Email, IMs, Phone. I get too busy sometimes to be running all over to meet with people.
6 Yes during meetings.
7 For me it's the phone and e-mails. I can send a cad via e-mail and talk on the phone if they have questions. As a last resort I can travel to them.

Project Manager in a Branch office for an Architectural Firm.

E-mail, Phone, Video Conference, IM, Letters, Memos.

Yes. Without a doubt. Building Committee meetings, client meetings, sub-committee meetings, contractor and consultant meetings. Yes, I spend half of my 50 hour week in meetings

Eliminate or combine meetings. I see an excessive amount of papaerwork, that has to be documented. Probably the best way to increase efficiency, is to start shooting lawyers. We need to document when it was sent, who it was sent to, when it was sent, and how it was sent. On top of that, when it was recieved. So any one page memo will automatically develop into a 6 page document.

Internally, via phone or video conference. Extensive conference calls, and e-mail. Preference depends on what the communication entails. Person to person (immediate action item) would necessitate a phone call), person to person (w/ days advance notice) via e-mail or memo. Both have to be documented with a memo to file of CC of the e-mail.

Minutes of everything. Very desctriptive, and reviewed by at least three people before publishing in the company, then reviewed by the boss, before issuing to the public. Phone logs of conversations, and actions to be undertaken. E-mails are CC to a project file, printed weekly, and added to the project file.

Video Conference. Without a doubt. No travel time, it's face to face, and you can talk in real time. I've been advocating for webcams on the Branch PC's back to people in the main office. Beats picking up the phone and you can read body language.

As an additional note, any correspondence that goes via mail will be sent FEDEX or UPS, with Tracking numbers and transmittal covers.

Hope this helps.

AO

Hi folks. Could you fill this questionnaire in for me please if you work for a big company? Joke answers are not appreciated. Thank you

I am a sales rep for software and pheriphals.

We use many T1 and T3 lines, should get an oc3 connection

pending, I mainly talk to clients through the phone. Itis effective but could use some work

communication between employees. More of a personal relationship then anything

Ever see Office Space. The whole TPIreport thing is true

Through a server

Internet communication

Farm and turf engineer

E-mail, Phone, IM, Letters, Memos, Nextel

For the most part, Yes.

Better labor management

Company is small,... we yell at eachother across the office, lol.

I dont think so.

Nextel

Back