Questions about 1.05 update feature: [Time Trial]... added to the [Race Type] option

  • Thread starter Thread starter andymidnite
  • 7 comments
  • 896 views
Messages
82
Messages
GTP_Midnite / andymidnite
I'm just curious if this means you can actually have a leaderboard style event b/w people where results stay posted whether online/offline or if it's only available to be contested during your online session?
 
I'm just curious if this means you can actually have a leaderboard style event b/w people where results stay posted whether online/offline or if it's only available to be contested during your online session?
I would expect it to only be during the on-line session but I too, am curious about how it will work, I think it will be the first thing I'll be trying tonight when my friends and I meet up. I'll pop back here when I have found out and let you know.
 
I think it will be the first thing I'll be trying tonight when my friends and I meet up.

Me too.

Just thought I'd throw it out there to the gtplanet community while I'm here at work.
 
Well the initial news is not very encouraging I'm afraid, I just switched on, logged in, went to on-line lobby search and there is not a single room currently open for them for me to try it out yet:tdown:

However, I have had a look at the event settings and the options are as follows:

The set-up for race type displays Practice and Time Trial.

RACE FORMAT: Race alone; Looks like it is similar to the licence tests/seasonal events. You will be on track but the other cars will only be represented by the blue line, but in real time.
Race together, as normal on-line, everyone on the track at the same time.

TIME LIMIT: Set time limit from 5-30 minutes

So, and I'm still only guessing. It will be just be held in the session for sure. Looks to me as though it'll be pretty much just the same as a Formula 1 style qualifying session. A time-limited session to see who is the fastest.
 
So, and I'm still only guessing. It will be just be held in the session for sure. Looks to me as though it'll be pretty much just the same as a Formula 1 style qualifying session. A time-limited session to see who is the fastest.

Right. It's a nice add in any case. Seasonal TTs are my favoured way of playing the game so at least this allows you to create your own brief TTs between friends.
 
I just had about a dozen all pop up within seconds, guess that's the majority back in from work to find out too:lol:

I was right, and in addition, the little text box in the bottom left updates you every time someone sets a personal best or an event record.

I agree! a very nice addition indeed. Hope you enjoy it as much as I'm going to.:D
 
Oh, my mistake. In race alone mode all other cars are ghosts.
 
No damage on TT. Useless IMO. Push as hard as you can, if you hit a wall, keep pushing! Only time matters!
I've been playing in some rooms with heavy damage. Drivers behaviour changes completely!
 
Back