Questions about acura integra?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boz Mon
  • 16 comments
  • 948 views
Messages
1,478
I found a 1995 Acura Integra Speical Edition that i might go look at. First of all what is so speical about it? and is ther any trouble spots to look out for? the car has 65k miles on it 👍 its green and has a 5 speed

thanx for the help
-boz-
 
Well you might wanna check and make sure the owner didnt abuse the transmission and things like that.
 
"Special Editions" of any car usually tend to be a stick-on badge, some pinstriping, and a $1000 dealer markup.

65k is reasonable mileage for a 10-year-old car. How's it feel?
 
Make sure the clutch isn't dying, check the CV joints, and feel around the back of the oil pan, above the drain bolt--Hondas tend to get an oil pan leak there, at the pan gasket.

Thats all I can think of.
 
neon_duke
"Special Editions" of any car usually tend to be a stick-on badge, some pinstriping, and a $1000 dealer markup.

65k is reasonable mileage for a 10-year-old car. How's it feel?

Honda special editions are different - usually it's one of the base models with the 'most wanted' features from the upscale models; stuff like leather, automatic, and a sunroof. Usually it involves unique alloy wheels too. I wasn't aware of an Integra SE, but I know of the 94-97 Accord SE and the new 05 CR-V SE, among others. They're usually worth the price premium if you don't mind the base engine.
 
M5Power
Honda special editions are different - usually it's one of the base models with the 'most wanted' features from the upscale models; stuff like leather, automatic, and a sunroof. Usually it involves unique alloy wheels too. I wasn't aware of an Integra SE, but I know of the 94-97 Accord SE and the new 05 CR-V SE, among others. They're usually worth the price premium if you don't mind the base engine.
My mother had an '89 Accord Coupe SE. Since he spelled out "Special Edition" I assumed it had a badge with those words on it somewhere, rather than the simple "SE" badge. Assumption, of course, being the mother of all ****ups.

I wasn't aware that Acura shared the Honda "SE" package philosophy at all.
 
neon_duke
My mother had an '89 Accord Coupe SE. Since he spelled out "Special Edition" I assumed it had a badge with those words on it somewhere, rather than the simple "SE" badge. Assumption, of course, being the mother of all ****ups.

I wasn't aware that Acura shared the Honda "SE" package philosophy at all.

I'm actually fairly sure the terms are interchangeable.

And thinking about it now, I might be aware of the Integra SE - though I know it as a sedan. I think it made the press picture at some point.
 
Why the hell wouldn't you get a Volvo 850 Turbo for that money? Except fuel economy, I can't think of one reason to choose the Acura. The Volvo's got more power, more stuff, more room, better performance, more safety. Handling might be a slight Acura advantage. Still - you're mad not to check out an 850 Turbo.
 
Boz Mon
I found a 1995 Acura Integra Speical Edition that i might go look at. First of all what is so speical about it? and is ther any trouble spots to look out for? the car has 65k miles on it 👍 its green and has a 5 speed

thanx for the help
-boz-

I used to have a 94 Integra RS during high school ...ah the memories.. never had any problems with it! Even after my old man forgot to put the oil cap back on. I drove it around town and didnt even notice it until later that day. :sly: It ran like crap after that so I decided to redline it a couple of times and the problem just disappeared. Go me. 👍
 
Boz Mon - Just found this info for you, i hope it helps

1995 Acura Integra: A new LS Special Edition arrived for 1995, mixing the base engine with GS-R looks. Leather upholstery was featured, along with 195/55R15 tires on alloy wheels and a thicker stabilizer bar. Special Edition hatchback also got a rear spoiler.

Consumer Guide Road Test Ratings (out of 5)
1995 Acura Integra LS
Performance 3
Fuel Economy 4
Ride Quality 3
Quietness 3
Interior Room 3
Cargo Capacity 3
Insurance Costs 2
Total 21

1995 values: good - average - poor
Integra GS-R $6,200-7,000 $5,400-6,100 $2,700-3,000
Integra LS, SE $5,100-6,200 $4,300-5,300 $2,000-2,500
Integra RS $4,600-5,400 $3,800-4,500 $1,700-2,000
 
A special edition Acura integra is just really a marked up LS. I believe they came in 4 door and two door, as Ive seen a 4 door at a local school that I work at. 6 grand is a very good price for a 65k mile car though in any world. Id pick right up on it if its in good condition and is driveable. I paid 4500 for my 92 GSR with 72k miles on it 2 years ago, so your definetly getting a good deal.
 
Also if you want some specs, the motor is a B18B with around 142 horsepower at the crank. and low 120's high 110's torque. The B18B started in 1994 and carried throughout the integra line as the base model (RS/LS) motor. You should be getting around 25-35 MPG also in the car, as my turbo GSR gets around 17 running on just normal street, but has 5+ times the injector power of a standard LS integra.

You'll be very happy knowing also that you will have full disc brakes all around with an acura integra, and I believe the 1995 and after all came with ABS, which is a serious safety item that will help you out. Im sure happy with my integra, and it will be nice to know of another person getting into the acura group!
 
Ceyvme
I believe the 1995 and after all came with ABS, which is a serious safety item that will help you out.

ABS didn't become standard on the Integra until 1999 when the base Integra RS was cancelled. It was, however, standard on all other models of the 1994-2001 generation.
 
thanx guys im actually going to look at it on sunday. the guy said he is the 3rd owner of the car and the only thing that he sees wrong with it is a shaky exhaust which can be fixed
 
Back