Questions about GT Sport

• Thread starter Imad86
  • 12 comments
Algeria
Algiers, Algeria.
Xx_Imados_xX
Hello,

So I still don't have GTS (soon I hope) and I have some questions :

- The PSN+ membership, we need it only for online races or also seasonal events, downloading liveries etc..?

- We can still send pictures via USB?

- Modifications (except rims) are really not available?

- The livery editor is as good as the one from Forza?

- Money is easy offline and online?

- The colors once obtained are like the system of GT5 or GT6?

- Is the car museum going to grow more?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello,

- The PSN+ membership, we need it only for online races or also seasonal events, downloading liveries etc..?

Thanks!
  • I believe you only need the PSN+ membership in order to do any racing online. As long as you have an internet connection even without +, you should still be able to view liveries and such
  • Yes
  • Rims are the only cosmetic customization so far, they update almost every week in the mileage exchange
  • In my opinion, the livery editor is much better than Forza as it feels easier to use. Don't take my word for it though
  • The easiest way to make money is to use a KTM X-Bow R tuned to top of N300 on the Blue Moon Bay race in the Premium Sports Lounge. If you get the clean race bonus, you can get an easy $375,000 roughly every 13 minutes. I'd suggest using the @CORRUPTEDDISC setup found on his YouTube channel (HammerStudiosGaming) as it works very well.
  • Paint is the same case as rims, they update almost every week and can be used infinite times
  • The car museum has had a few updates over the span of the games life, so I'd expect it to grow more.
Hope this helps! :cheers:

I don't think you need PSN+ to play offline. I'm not sure if you need it to download liveries or not. You will need it for lobbys and online races.

There are no more seasonal events or time trials. It's now Sport with 3 different race events a day which change every day. Plus 2 more FIA races that change less frequently. You run a qualifier to get matched up with drivers and then race that event. Or you can run just the qualifier as a TT and not enter the race.
Either way your best hot lap will show up on your friends list leaderboard. If it's fast enough it will show on the top 10 regional leader board.

They split the world into 3 region's unfortunately only players in your region will show on your leader boards. You can not see top 10 lap times from other regions. You can not see friend's lap times outside of your region.

There are ways to send pictures. I'm not sure if you can via USB.

No mods like before. No adding wings, turbo's or other goodies.

I don't have Forza but the livery editor seems pretty good. Paint is purchased with milage points and once purchased all paint colors are reusable.

Cars come easy as rewards. You get one random gift car a day just for driving 26 miles. Also you are gifted cars for compleating offline (career) events, driving school and such. You will probably have more free cars than you purchase.

Money is easy both offline and online.

The car museum has changed, it contains more than just cars and some of it has nothing to do with cars.

The way power upgrades work is you buy Level 2 up to Level 5 speed or weight decreases with your mileage points.

I think its an ok way to do it but some people describe it as being like a mobile game.

Level pricing is based on the cost of the car. The speed increases for a Mustang is cheap, its extraordinarily expensive for say a 330 p4 - there's a fair bit of culture shock coming from GT6 but it takes a short while to get used to.

One thing about the car upgrades is that when you buy a level upgrade it unlocks additional ranges of power levels or weight ranges both up and down that changes are controlled by an adjustable slider bar, one for power level and one for car weight.

Upgrade levels are from level 1 to level 3 and each level is bought independently of each other for a total of 6 upgrades, 3 for power and 3 for weight.

These levels can be changed at will both up and down across the entire range at any point unlike in some past GT titles that certain modifications such as weight reduction was a permanent modification to that car that could not be undone.

Still allows a car to remain viable across all class requirements without needing to own multiple cars of the same type to cover different requirements because of permanent mods that have been performed rendering a car not meeting certain class specs..

Ciao

Some answers from me , the other members answers are OK too.

Without PSN live subscription You can play the "non competitive" part of the game (missions, licences, arcade, GT League, make liveries, download liveries, likes .. etc etc) , you can't race against other players (lobby or sport mode)

Yes, you can save your photos/pictures in a USB storage and use it on a PC..

IR

Hello,

Thanks!

PS+ is needed for lobbies and sport mode.
Internet connection is needed to save progress and access all offline modes even things like brand central to buy cars..

Without internet you can play arcade mode, campaign and gt league mode, scapes and livery mode but you can't save progress or go buy cars..

Yes you can export pictures directly from the game to an USB stick and they will be sended in 4K even with an standard PS4.

Nope..

Both are very good livery editors.
A bit difficult to make vector files but you can download decals from users in the community.

It's easier offline than online to earn money, the campaign mode gives a good amount of money.
Credit limit is 20.000.000.

You buy them with mileage points just like some special cars, rims, decals..

They are adding more things in the museums with the updates yes.

Thanks guys for the answers. But now there's something I'm afraid of : Since we all know that Kaz loves to shut down his servers, after I read the answer of Donnced I was like damn, so 4/5 years from now (when the servers will be gone) we won't be able to buy cars.. Or it's more about the PSN servers than the GT servers (in this case not a big deal)? What do you think?

Thanks guys for the answers. But now there's something I'm afraid of : Since we all know that Kaz loves to shut down his servers, after I read the answer of Donnced I was like damn, so 4/5 years from now (when the servers will be gone) we won't be able to buy cars.. Or it's more about the PSN servers than the GT servers (in this case not a big deal)? What do you think?
Save yourself some money, dont buy it.

Back