Questions about GT5 Tracks

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leadfoot53
  • 22 comments
  • 2,001 views
Messages
681
United States
California
1. Do you think the tracks that held the finals for the GT Academy qualifiers will be in GT5 (I.E. SPA, Brands Hatch (I think), Silverstone)? I think that they may.

2. Do you think that the Thunderhill racetrack will be in GT5? Kaz raced a 24 hour race there, so he most likely enjoys the track.
 
It would make sense but it's gran turismo. Logic doesn't apply here. :lol:

Seriously though, at this point they probably modeled all of their tracks. (Just speculation I don't know nothing about that)
 
Yeah. I would love to see a third CA track... I find them kinda fun. Also my old History teacher used to race his Corvette C5 at Thunderhill, and he has been really wanting a game that has the C5, ZR1 and Thunderhill. He can't do rF either cuz he is a Mac Fanatic.
 
1. Do you think the tracks that held the finals for the GT Academy qualifiers will be in GT5 (I.E. SPA, Brands Hatch (I think), Silverstone)? I think that they may.

2. Do you think that the Thunderhill racetrack will be in GT5? Kaz raced a 24 hour race there, so he most likely enjoys the track.

Wait, what the hell? SPA? There were finals held in spa? How come I missed this?

EDIT: Do you mean that they raced this tracks in GT5 or that they were physically in spa?
 
Last edited:
Physically at Spa. I was thinking that maybe if the GT Academy finals tracks were associated with GT, maybe they would be in GT5...
 
Based on everything we've read and saw on videos (like the stickers from Spa and Monza on PD's luggage), i would say all the tracks from the weather thing on Prologue will be on GT5, but then again, we all know the 20/70 track count from the press release.

Lots of confusion, but i think those tracks will be in.
 
Old Hokenheim circuit would be awesome!!!!!
 
Circuits would be nice, but they totally need those cars. I don't care which track it is if I can go round it in old school GP cars.

That too. The ones I'd really like to see are from the mid 60s just before they started sticking the wings on them.
 
That too. The ones I'd really like to see are from the mid 60s just before they started sticking the wings on them.

I'm a sucker too for anything old school ( or classics as i prefer to call them ) whether it's old GP-cars or Le Mans racers or simply road cars and it would be very nice to have the old circuits to drive them on.
How about the original Mille Miglia road course, not technically a circuit i agree, as the old school road counterpart to something like Pikes Peak.
Although asking for a 1000 KM road course is, i know, stretching it too far ;).
 
I don't think that all the circuits that the Academy has been at will be in GT5. Despite that though, I'd love to see Brands Hatch in GT5 - Paddock Hill bend would be awesome!
 
I hope not, in regards to Paul Ricard. From what I've seen from it, it seems like a very dull track. Forza's new Spain test track apparently is loosely based on it, I don't like that track either.
 
Exactly what I was thinking. Cant model what doesnt exist.
 
Is the original still around? If not, how are they supposed to get it into the game?
Does it not still exist as public roads?

lilcat89
Exactly what I was thinking. Cant model what doesnt exist.
Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Deep Forrest etc.......
 
Is the original still around? If not, how are they supposed to get it into the game?

Blueprints are probably still around. How do you think they got the older Fuji tracks in GT4.
 
Is the original still around?
The original circuit was based off of public roads which, for the most part, still exist today, I believe.

How do you think they got the older Fuji tracks in GT4.
Back when GT4 was in production, the pre-2005 layout was still in existence.
 
Back when GT4 was in production, the pre-2005 layout was still in existence.

So, than they used blueprints for the newer circuit.
 
No doubt they could find ways to recreate old courses. Even if they got little parts wrong, it's not like we could go to the circuit and say "oh, they got this wrong." The only thing we could go off are videos.
 
I doubt there would be anything particularly accurate for the original Spa circuit raced from 1925-1978 or something, maybe some drawings on maps but not blueprints. If it's still public roads today then probably some GPS data is available but wouldn't be any use for GT5. They'd have to go out and map it with whatever they use to scan the tracks and use old footage for their artists to model the environment and maybe fill some blanks in for the track.

EDIT: This is something I'd like to see in GT5, although perhaps with fewer cows and chickens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL2y-CgbUwU

Love that Lotus.
 
Last edited:
Back