Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
a couple of questions which are a little different from all the others

Aimed at Jordan really - How much do you think GTP has cost you since you since its original inception?

All other Mods/Smods/Admin - If you HAD to marry one of the other mods on GTP based purely on there online personalities who would it be and why (aspects of personalities you like etc)?

What are your new years resolutions? How long do you think you will stick to them?

Spec....

i was about to ask the same question:lol:

Admins can though, right?
The only person who can read others PMs is Jordan. Admins can empty someones inbox if it is full.

All other Mods/Smods/Admin - If you HAD to marry one of the other mods on GTP based purely on there online personalities who would it be and why (aspects of personalities you like etc)?
Knowing this lot, I'd choose celibacy.

What are your new years resolutions? How long do you think you will stick to them?
I actually didn't make a new years resolution. For the first time in a long time, I skipped it.

Has the disciplining/banning of a member ever caused an argument/discussion where one or more mods/smods/admins thought they deserved the punishment and other mods/smods/admins thought that they did not deserve the punishment?

If you get what I mean!

That's an odd question considering we're all guys. So by default, I isn't marryin' nun o dem guys!

That's an odd question considering we're all guys. So by default, I isn't marryin' nun o dem guys!

Plenty of the mods/smods are Uk residents - Famine could quite easily and legally marry Touring Mars if he so wished to.

Plenty of the mods/smods are Uk residents - Famine could quite easily and legally marry Touring Mars if he so wished to.

That's a horrifically frightening thought.

Anyway as a Lesbian it's quite unlikely that Famine would marry TM.

Scaff

That's a horrifically frightening thought.

Anyway as a Lesbian it's quite unlikely that Famine would marry TM.

Scaff

Don't be so sure - you've never peeked through the window whilst TM's been in bed have you? - you just don't know what feminine delights he may or may not contain under those o-so-manly clothes he wears!

Don't you think it would be a good idea to have a female moderator (no matter how inexperiences) in order to prevent future court cases for discrimination? :P

Don't be so sure - you've never peeked through the window whilst TM's been in bed have you? - you just don't know what feminine delights he may or may not contain under those o-so-manly clothes he wears!
Do you have secret fantasies about TM, Dan? (Not so secret now, actually...)

Don't you think it would be a good idea to have a female moderator (no matter how inexperiences) in order to prevent future court cases for discrimination? :P
Are you volunteering? Evan is a girls name anyway, isn't it?

Are you volunteering? Evan is a girls name anyway, isn't it?
I'll gladly wear a dress, maybe even a dab of make-up, in order to become a moderator. You're not a man in Wales unless you can dress in drag and down a pint in 30 seconds ;)

Has the disciplining/banning of a member ever caused an argument/discussion where one or more mods/smods/admins thought they deserved the punishment and other mods/smods/admins thought that they did not deserve the punishment?

If you get what I mean!
Sure. Some users are clearly low-quality members, and consideration of discipline is usually unanimous, if even called for (advertisers and obvious trolls are summarily shot). However, other users habitually walk a line (I won't name names) between contribution/disruption.

We can't stress enough that disciplinary action, particularly in sensitive cases, is nearly always carried out after peer review and discussion among the staff. Several times a week, a staff member will post up a link to a thread or post and ask for input from the others. This is especially true if the mod in question has a past history with the user in question or is personally involved in the original situation, such as in the Settings or Opinions boards. Any time that someone is disciplined after a long, in-thread discussion with a staff member, I can guarantee that the action was reviewed ahead of time with multiple staff members.

In general, though, Jordan has done a good job of selecting compatible staff with a common purpose in mind, so I can think of very few occasions where internal discussion has grown heated enough to cause an issue. In fact, I can only think of one or two events where an infraction was reversed, and none of those reversals was done without the agreement of the person who originally issued it.

In fact, I can only think of one or two events where an infraction was reversed, and none of those reversals was done without the agreement of the person who originally issued it.

Interesting to know.

Here's another one:
- why is in your opinion GTP such an attractive, addictive place to be......
- Did you had to go to the "how do I become a mod" school???

Christiaaaaaaaaaaan? :D

I should disagree. But then I saw this

2vanquish_20061009_001.jpg

and could see myself doing this, easily.

You can only know where the limit lies by pushing it, something I've attested to many times.

That is a Vanquish and it's not a roadster. The roof has been caved in.

whose Christiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...????????????????????????????????????????????????

Back