Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
1. As Duke said, there really isn't hardly any difference when browsing the forums themselves. A few specialty forums are at the top of the forum home page, there are "check boxes" next to all the threads, and there are more options in posts (see screenshot below). The two dots to the left of the additional icons are the only things that appear only to me.

2. Too much. :)

1) -79 with a quality posts badge I must be Special..... , ok enough of the bad puns. I assume because im such a quality member of the boards that my number of reputation is so big that it cannot be displayed :sly: or you edited it out so not to show the total 👍 Thanks for showing what it looks like though.

2) - I thought as much.

Thanks

Spec....

I know you know already, but just for the record, the - is there on purpose so as not to reveal Spec's actual rep points ;)

Yeah I know, was just funny to see such a opposite number rather than just blocking it out..

Perhaps it denotes that it's a figure 'to the power of 79' ?

- that's hardly going to be true is it ;)

I'm guessing 36DD.

Ya know...when I Googled "man boobs" to find that pic, I saw things that should NEVER be seen again. Your lucky I was selective and believe it or not, tasteful when I selected that one. DON'T DO IT....Google images is not your friend for MAN BOOBS! :eek:

I'm still having troubles with the use off (" off " and " of

"I fell off of my bicycle." :sly:

Does that help?

More seriously:

Turn the light off.
I need more of these things than I have.

If parts of speech are helpful to you, then of (one 'f') is a preposition and off (two 'f's) is (most of the time) an adverb.

Ya know...when I Googled "man boobs" to find that pic, I saw things that should NEVER be seen again. Your lucky I was selective and believe it or not, tasteful when I selected that one. DON'T DO IT....Google images is not your friend for MAN BOOBS! :eek:

*** closes Google window *** Um, of course I had to see what you meant . . . .

"I fell off of my bicycle." :sly:

Does that help?

More seriously:

Turn the light off.
I need more of these things than I have.

If parts of speech are helpful to you, then of (one 'f') is a preposition and off (two 'f's) is (most of the time) an adverb.
Thanks

When moderators want to respond to locked threads, do they manually open the thread, post, then close it again?

Or do they just post in it like it wasn't locked?

Duċk;2540341
Yes.

The post reply button becomes the closed thread button, but we can still click on it to reply. The quick reply box is still available too.

Duċk;2540341
When moderators want to respond to locked threads, do they manually open the thread, post, then close it again?

Threads are never locked to mods. :D we can just post as long as we want. :sly:

Yes.

The post reply button becomes the closed thread button, but we can still click on it to reply. The quick reply box is still available too.
Threads are never locked to mods. :D we can just post as long as we want. :sly:

:grumpy:

That's one of the few mod features (if any) I could've used in the past (tuning workshop, tuning comp index). Darn it.

Duċk;2540374
:grumpy:

That's one of the few mod features (if any) I could've used in the past (tuning workshop, tuning comp index). Darn it.
Now that you mention that, I think we, premium members, should be able to re-open our own threads. As long as they weren't closed by a mod that is.

Now that you mention that, I think we, premium members, should be able to re-open our own threads. As long as they weren't closed by a mod that is.
You can. I used to do it frequently when I was updating some of my threads in the GT4 Forum.

G.T
You can. I used to do it frequently when I was updating some of my threads in the GT4 Forum.
Really? so how come I can't? I mean, not that big of a deal but it makes me have emo thoughts when I find that other people have more rights than I do. :embarrassed:utrage:

Hope that helps.

You can.

Dufunnylookingck was complaining about the fact that he had to re-open one of his threads, post in it, and then close it again, when all us mods have to do, is post.

But I've tried and I can't. Seriously.

Or is it because I created them before I became a premium member?

I can lock them, I just can't unlock them again. But whatever, no big deal. I've only closed 1 or 2 threads anyway.

I can lock them, I just can't unlock them again. But whatever, no big deal. I've only closed 1 or 2 threads anyway.

Click on Thread Tools on one of your locked threads.

picture1pp6.jpg

Can you see that?

Duċk;2540580
Can you see that?
What, that screen shot? yeah I see it...

j/k. Thanks Evan, for some reason I went down at the bottom of the page to look for it instead of at the beginning of it :dunce:

Questions about the report button.

How do you know if someone reported something? Is it by email? Is there a separate inbox next to the PM box for this? Is there a whole section in the Mod CP dedicated to this?

And... are reports anonymous?

They’re sent to us via email.

They’re not anonymous, although if you report someone, that person will not know who reported it (or even that their post was reported at all) – only the mods will.

Damn, so all them times I've reported Famine he's known about it :eek:;). I figured the reports wouldn't be anonymous but I'd have thought they were kept on the site, so if a report gets sent does it get e-mailed to all the mods or just one thats online at the time or what? If it gets sent to all of you, do you have a way to know if it's been dealt with without actually going into the thread the reported post is in?

Damn, so all them times I've reported Famine he's known about it :eek:;). I figured the reports wouldn't be anonymous but I'd have thought they were kept on the site, so if a report gets sent does it get e-mailed to all the mods or just one thats online at the time or what? If it gets sent to all of you, do you have a way to know if it's been dealt with without actually going into the thread the reported post is in?
It goes to all staff, and any repercussions either happen in the thread or by PM, which is then posted in a private forum for the rest of the staff.

Don't worry, Jordan's been reported a time or two as well.

Another question about the Report button, if I made a post, and wasn't 100% sure about a few things in it (eg. This Post), would it be acceptable for me to ask another member to report it, if I had PM'd a mod or 2 and hadn't gotten any response for a couple of days?

Back