Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
If someone was minus repped by the same person under different usernames (just trying to pee someone off) for no reason, would the minus rep be wiped off?

Another question about the Report button, if I made a post, and wasn't 100% sure about a few things in it (eg. This Post), would it be acceptable for me to ask another member to report it, if I had PM'd a mod or 2 and hadn't gotten any response for a couple of days?

you could always edit your post.. otherwise it would be like shooting yourself in the foot :dunce:

Another question about the Report button, if I made a post, and wasn't 100% sure about a few things in it (eg. This Post), would it be acceptable for me to ask another member to report it, if I had PM'd a mod or 2 and hadn't gotten any response for a couple of days?
If you've PM'd a mod, and gotten no response, that is because the post was considered OK. In addition, you can report your own post, and add a note in it regarding it.

There is no problem if you want to do that.

I replied half an hour after I received it. (I got it at home in the morning, and replied from work when I got there.)

If someone was minus repped by the same person under different usernames (just trying to pee someone off) for no reason, would the minus rep be wiped off?
That second account would have to have 100 posts for any rep to be subtracted.
In addition, you can report your own post, and add a note in it regarding it.

No, you cannot.

picture17lo.png

On your own posts, the Edit button replaces the Report button.

A question for non-mods: What does the Report button even look like? We mods don’t have it (that would be rather redundant), so I’ve never seen it.

It has a little hazard sign, black ! mark on a yellow triangle, with the words, Report in the same style as the quote and Post Reply buttons.

Please tell me that you are kidding though...

Thanks. :)

Monte Carlo: Why would I be kidding? We have absolutely no use for the button.

So if Sage didn't see it when he was a regular member, when did Jordan exactly add the report button then?

Was there any need for it? Perhaps a lack of moderators at the time?

So if Sage didn't see it when he was a regular member, when did Jordan exactly add the report button then?

Was there any need for it? Perhaps a lack of moderators at the time?

No, the GTP design changed. Sage has been a mod for years, he’s probably been through about two or three designs without seeing a report button.

No, the GTP design changed. Sage has been a mod for years, he’s probably been through about two or three designs without seeing a report button.
No, I was asking when and why was it added. Besides that, Sage said he's never seen it before.

But I might be wrong though, he probably meant, he's never seen it since he became a mod.

Yeah well nobody likes you. 👎

And you did a description instead of a photo.

:nervous: Screen Capture on this computer is like shoving a rabid pack of badgers into the processor while they drink martinis and eat your RAM as a corn chip topping.

Also, people that I've known for more than 3 years like me. :P

A question for non-mods: What does the Report button even look like? We mods don’t have it (that would be rather redundant), so I’ve never seen it.

I don't know what skin you're all using but...
REPORT.jpg

I replied half an hour after I received it. (I got it at home in the morning, and replied from work when I got there.)

I thought it was a lot quicker than that to be honest, your selling yourself short there daan! Also sorry to Famine for going past you, but I wanted to get it sorted ASAP, before it caused any issues. 👍

I thought it was a lot quicker than that to be honest, your selling yourself short there daan! Also sorry to Famine for going past you, but I wanted to get it sorted ASAP, before it caused any issues. 👍

I didn't catch it until 8 hours later. I had an early night... :D

Back