Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
And what about Famine's-fanclub-paper? Does it still exist? Is it only available for the mods?

I think his question went a bit "deeper". Sure, chaging names is a privilege of becoming Premium, but if need be, and only in a hypothetical case, can an Admin change the name of a user regardless if he's premium or not?

Thanks for adding more depth to my question Diego. 👍

So it can be done. Would it be too much to ask if a Admin could change my name?
I would love to go Premium, just don't have the $ at the moment to do so. :(

So it can be done. Would it be too much to ask if a Admin could change my name?
I would love to go Premium, just don't have the $ at the moment to do so. :(
That won't happen. If you want a name change, the you have to go Premium.

BMW///M3 was banned right? How come his user title's in capitals, just noticed when reading through the first page in This thread.

Because he registered with with a User Name that was all Capitals. Much like you just typed it.

Occam's Razor.

Dorry to revive this thread again but my question: are you mods rich? It seems that some of the mods occasionnaly buy premium membership for other members. Do you have to do that in order to stay a mod :sly: or is it out off your goodness?

are you mods rich?
xxrotflmao.gif

It seems that some of the mods occasionnaly buy premium membership for other members. Do you have to do that in order to stay a mod :sly: or is it out off your goodness?
I think many people, not just mods, have bought Premium for others at some point - hence why it is now much easier to gift premium rather than having to buy it yourself and have it transferred to someone else. It's purely voluntary, of course... this is not a plug, but in all honesty, you don't need to be rich to buy premium, esp. monthly. Even an annual membership costs the same amount of money as it costs to drive your car on the streets of Central London for one day (believe it or not!)... You'd also be lucky to get a round of three drinks in London for the same price as annual premium membership! It certainly helps if you have a job, however...

Of course, being a mod means you get all the Premium benefits without having to pay for them, so the only way a moderator can continue to support the site in the way they normally would have is to buy Premium for other people, since we can't buy it for ourselves. (Technically you can, but you are just as well giving someone else something that they'd be able to use rather than just make a simple donation to the site via PayPal...)

plus, some users give Premium to other users as a way of saying "we're friends"... or not even that deep.

Except for Mars, he is indeed rich. The fact that he shares his flat with many people is only a cover, since we all know he actually bought property on the red planet.

Why yes, most of us are filthy rich and daily drivers often exceed the 100k price range.

DA sobers up and re-reads. Wow that wasn't funny. Any of it.

No, most of us are working folk just like the rest of GTP. We just support the site by giving out premium. I've given it to many people, usually once a month I pick someone (Wenders was last month ;) ) and give them a year.

This month, I've picked 4 obscure questions to post and whoever gets the most right gets a year. Look for it later today.

It's just our way of supporting GTP.

usually once a month I pick someone (Wenders was last month ;) ) and give them a year.
And here I was thinking I had a secret admirer ;) (scary considering the average age round here). It was driving me nuts not knowing who my mysterious benefactor was.
Thanks ever so much, I really appreciate it.

Ahh, thanks for finding that for me, but don't they usually just add existing moderators to a new sub forum, like what they did when the Ask GTPlanet sub forum was made?

Jordan adds mods as he feels the need to. Sometimes he'll ask the admins, Duke and Der Alta for recommendations. Other times he'll appoint a mod to a specific forum, a mod will be voted in(my case) or he'll just feel a member is good fit to be a mod and appoint them as a super mod(Famine and a few others).

So it really depends on the situation.

Back