Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
TB
It's my fault that he's impatient? Or that one of our other (currently) 100397 members couldn't have done it first? :sly:

Edit: You edited your post, causing me to edit mine. :grumpy:
Dissing me in the other thread were you? Eh? EH? EH?

How active is the Super Secret Moderators Board of Fun and Japery?

Is there new stuff in it every day?

Always. It's a veritable smorgasbord of mirth.
Especially the section on the secret webcamming of troublesome members. It's always hilarious in there.

Or should I not mention that....

Never... ;)

Sorry. I was away last week and since my other half responded it slipped my mind to. Cheers though :)
I thought you remember *everthing*. So you're human afterall. :D

I'm curious what kind of sharp answer you're going to give this time.

I thought you remember *everthing*. So you're human afterall. :D

I'm curious what kind of sharp answer you're going to give this time.

No, he just likes to create the illusion of humanity, so as not to scare members of the public. :sly:

What was the exact date/hour you became a mod?
You = every mod on this forum.

November 1st, 2005.
Don't know the hour, I'm in Europe so I was probably sleeping at the very moment it happened :)

The oldest post I found as a Moderator was Oct 21 2001, 10:51 PM. Clearly I was a Moderator before that, just don't know when...

I can't believe it's been over 6 years. :eek:

13 February 2003 at 5:44p is when I got the Mod Nod.

Just about 5 hours shy of exactly 2 years later I was promoted to Administrator.

Mine was around the same time as Duke’s (about a day earlier, IIRC). I don’t know exactly when, since I didn’t start keeping my PMs until 2004. I believe Giles got his invitation at the same time as I did. (So, GTP got three mods in a 24-hour period.)

at one point famine wasn't a mod?
Of course he wasn't always a mod. No one came straight in as a mod, except Jordan (and he's technically not a mod...)

did he always have his goofy color and font in all his posts back then?
He says its something to do with indigo on a light background being easier to read that black on a light background, or something.

See!

[interesting fact]
GT3times had a dark background, so Famine posted there in cyan.
[/interesting fact]

He says its something to do with indigo on a light background being easier to read that black on a light background, or something.
Indigo on a light background is less strain for (at) the eyes.

That sentence doesn't sound right. What's wrong with it? Can someone correct me?

I think "Indigo on a light background is less strenuous on the eyes" would be better.

I think "Indigo on a light background is less strenuous on the eyes" would be better.

Another question- if a member asked for their thread to be locked, would you always close it without question? Are there any situations where you've kept it open for the good of the board?

Indigo on a light background is less strain for the eyes.
I think that's fine. Its probably just one of those sentences that just doesn't look right.

EDIT: But what do I know?

Another question- if a member asked for their thread to be locked, would you always close it without question? Are there any situations where you've kept it open for the good of the board?
If we feel that it may come in useful for other members in the future, it may not be closed.

Are members allowed to prod a mod with the ban hammer if the mod double posts?

Are members allowed to prod a mod with the ban hammer if the mod double posts?

There's actually a deleted post between daan's two posts, except that only staff can see deleted posts.

On the subject of locking threads, in most cases I will go with the starter's request and close the thread.

Well all this mod talk makes me want to ask a question...... :D

So like, when did the WRS forum started and when did Jordan decide to make a WRS moderators? Who was the first to be WRS moderator? By the way, can any admin/mod edit other peoples profile?

Go search for the oldest post on the WRS forum and find out!
;)
At first the WRS was moderated by a number of us, in particular a currenlty-inactive mod named Boombexus who was very fast and interested in OLR. After a while it became clear as the WRS grew in popularity that we needed a full-time steward/mod for the series. Several folks have served a tour of duty in that position, and they are granted mod status for that forum in order to make their job easier.

Who decides how many infraction points are given per infraction? Is there a maximum set for an infraction?

There is a menu of standard infractions with standard points values. Most of these are 10 points, in conjunction with the "3 strikes and you're out" policy. I believe there is a minor offense that is 5 points. However, there is an option for a custom infraction which can be set with points at the moderator's discretion. There is also an option to issue any infraction as a no-points warning, even if it is a standard item.

there is an option for a custom infraction which can be set with points at the moderator's discretion.

so if someone offhandedly said something that is used in common language such as the phrase "jew him down" that would be a warning? or are you saying something along the lines of insulting another member?

Back