Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
I'm guessing a lot. Otherwise we would've seen 2 new banninations on the GT4 forums alone in the past days.

One of them, at least, is working on finding out. The other one seems to have taken a bit of the message on board.

This is sort of a parody of the Tootsie Pop question.

So Mods, how many closed threads does it take to get banned?

It depends on the circumstances and why it was closed. I got my first 10 or so threads closed when i first joined.

I've never had a closed thread. I always try to stay on the right side of Famine, Who is always watching. Always.

When mods post posts in the mod forum, does this increase the total posts?

Do you mods argue and fight in the mod forum from time to time?

I'm sure their posts still count in there.

I noticed daan's rises for no apparent reason... :P

;)

Do you mods argue and fight in the mod forum from time to time?
Where else would they call each other names?

I'm sure there's disagreements, but everything must work out without much mod fall-out (except for two bannings).

l.m.a.o.

• Is there any agreement between every mods/admins on what Jordan does to this website, or he just decides it for himself?
  • Is there any mods/admins that kinda wish they we're able to be normal members again? (you know, not having the trouble to take care of things.... ;)) If you would, would you like to trade places with someone? (here we go again... :lol:)
  • Heres a good one. Does a mod/admin have the power to mess up somebody? (for fun, even as an April fools joke) Like you know, maybe take an active senior member and made him have a "new member" status and him post counts reset to 0 (but of course, without deleting his post) and kinda give him a "fake" infraction. That would be really awesome!!!! :lol: :D (yeah, thats abusing power alright, but for April fools day, its all worth it)

April fools day???

Noooo. :scared:

Lessons have been learned. Don't expect any April fools. Don't ask why either.

Just don't.

l.m.a.o.

• Is there any agreement between every mods/admins on what Jordan does to this website, or he just decides it for himself?
  • Is there any mods/admins that kinda wish they we're able to be normal members again? (you know, not having the trouble to take care of things.... ;)) If you would, would you like to trade places with someone? (here we go again... :lol:)
  • Heres a good one. Does a mod/admin have the power to mess up somebody? (for fun, even as an April fools joke) Like you know, maybe take an active senior member and made him have a "new member" status and him post counts reset to 0 (but of course, without deleting his post) and kinda give him a "fake" infraction. That would be really awesome!!!! :lol: :D (yeah, thats abusing power alright, but for April fools day, its all worth it)
Jordan decides what he wants to do with the site. He does give us the preview and we get to Beta test the changes, offering thoughts and opinions.

We've all had those instances where we wish we didn't have to deal with certain aspects of the situation, but umltimately we all enjoy what we're doing and really love it.

As for the last question I can reset nearly everything on a member. Need 200,000 posts? New Username, unbanned, rebanned, and various other things. The only person who can delete a user is Jordan. Duke and I can do pretty much everything else.

What good would that do to you?

I'd rather have infinite lifes and credits.

Do a search for Year.Zero and you'll get some sort of idea about how powerful mods are with your account.

That particular PublicSecrecy account had an abnormally long half-life.

We've all had those instances where we wish we didn't have to deal with certain aspects of the situation

Presumably around the release date of the latest Gran Turismo instalment? I know Famine was getting particularly exasperated last night with the GT5:P n00bs.

April fools day???

Noooo. :scared:

Lessons have been learned. Don't expect any April fools. Don't ask why either.

Just don't.
TB
Agreed. Completely.
:lol: Don't you guys do those kind of pranks anymore.... :P
Jordan decides what he wants to do with the site. He does give us the preview and we get to Beta test the changes, offering thoughts and opinions.

We've all had those instances where we wish we didn't have to deal with certain aspects of the situation, but umltimately we all enjoy what we're doing and really love it.

As for the last question I can reset nearly everything on a member. Need 200,000 posts? New Username, unbanned, rebanned, and various other things. The only person who can delete a user is Jordan. Duke and I can do pretty much everything else.

Well, thats very cool to hear. Didn't know you actually get to do those kind of things..... :D

But anyways, since most of you mods/admins has been on this site longer that me, what do you think of the new member situation now? Is it worse or better than before? I think this thread says it all (sorry, but this is for Premium members only....)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77985

Can I please have a peek at the special mod forum? Please! :nervous:

Is there some training for new mods?

@ SMALLHORSES: congratulation for becoming a super moderator!

:)

Is there some training for new mods?

They get sent to boot camp for six weeks. Next time you see a picture of Smallhorses or Pupik, they'll have crew cuts. In six months time they'll both have those thousand-post stares.

Back