Questions About Playing Online

  • Thread starter Thread starter Egghaus
  • 6 comments
  • 747 views
Messages
10
Messages
Egghaus
Is there a way to view the basic specs of your opponents cars (weight, hp etc) when in a racing lobby? Also is there a way to mute the voice chat?

Played 4 hours today and hardly found any decent lobbies. Most have ridiculous (or lack of) restrictions. I just want to race normal road cars on Sports rubber, not 800kg 900hp race cars.
 
Sadly though, most people gravitate towards the faster cars. Very few seem to want to drive stock cars :(

Good luck on your search, and welcome to the 'Planet, fellow Ontarionite!
 
Is there a way to view the basic specs of your opponents cars (weight, hp etc) when in a racing lobby? Also is there a way to mute the voice chat?

Played 4 hours today and hardly found any decent lobbies. Most have ridiculous (or lack of) restrictions. I just want to race normal road cars on Sports rubber, not 800kg 900hp race cars.

I don't think that there is a way to view the HP or weight of your opponents cars, however, once a race is over, you can ask the other drivers, and I have found that most of the good drivers will tell you their car's spec's.

Try hosting your own lobby, that way you can set the spec's yourself, and limit the horsepower, weight and tires.

I've done it with the 60's Classic Muscle Cars, and set the limit to sport mediums and had some good racing.

Good luck,
GTsail
 
Is there a way to view the basic specs of your opponents cars (weight, hp etc) when in a racing lobby? Also is there a way to mute the voice chat?

Played 4 hours today and hardly found any decent lobbies. Most have ridiculous (or lack of) restrictions. I just want to race normal road cars on Sports rubber, not 800kg 900hp race cars.

Thats what I like to race too. lightly tuned street cars add me if you want; also checkout the Caterham Club which I am beginning to do nightly casual but clean online meetings: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149669
 
Last edited:
sometimes you can view the hp limit if you just put the cursor on the room and wait a min....but idk how to see other restrictions
 
You guys have got my number -- Road cars on sports tires all the way.

Add me up if you like -- My PSN ID is Evil_Stig 👍
 
I've had people tell me my specs all the time, just never asked how they did that.
 
Back