Questions about the oil and hp loss..

  • Thread starter Thread starter GordonS
  • 8 comments
  • 973 views
Messages
1,175
Finland
Finland
Messages
CONTINUE_F5
Hi! Does anybody know how fast the oil deteriorates in race car's engine in GT6 (mileage)? Sooner than in a normal car?
And, is there any differences in how fast the hp loss happens between cars and Super cars?
Thanks.
 
The only car I've put enough mileage on so far to notice a drop was my S2000 prize car. At 190 miles ( ~300km) it was down about 10pp.
 
The only car I've put enough mileage on so far to notice a drop was my S2000 prize car. At 190 miles ( ~300km) it was down about 10pp.
So fast!? Did that hp loss happen with the GTauto oil in the engine?
 
So fast!? Did that hp loss happen with the GTauto oil in the engine?

Yes, every new car I get goes straight to the oil change before it's driven a single mile. Not sure what the actual HP loss was. It was tuned up pretty much all the way. 498 Performance Points without a turbo, after 190 miles it dropped to around 490. Not really noticeable on-track at all, the only way I spotted it was in the settings sheet.

Changed oil again, it was right back up to 498.
 
Yes, every new car I get goes straight to the oil change before it's driven a single mile. Not sure what the actual HP loss was. It was tuned up pretty much all the way. 498 Performance Points without a turbo, after 190 miles it dropped to around 490. Not really noticeable on-track at all, the only way I spotted it was in the settings sheet.

Changed oil again, it was right back up to 498.
Ok. Thank you very much.
 
No problem. This may or may not have been patched though. I just noticed I've already put 210 km on my BMW Z4 GT3 '11 (Great car, by the way), and it hasn't dropped a single PP yet. About to do some testing on this with it.
 
So far it all seems the same as it worked in GT5 except the cars all start out fully broken in. You might want to read through this thread to see how the oil and engine overhaul work:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/engine-break-in-wear-overhaul-and-oil-change.182613/

Basically the oil that is put in during the oil change is not the same as what the car comes with when bought from the dealership. The GT auto oil starts out in a "bonus" type phase that last for 300km (~188 miles).
 
So far it all seems the same as it worked in GT5 except the cars all start out fully broken in. You might want to read through this thread to see how the oil and engine overhaul work:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/engine-break-in-wear-overhaul-and-oil-change.182613/

Basically the oil that is put in during the oil change is not the same as what the car comes with when bought from the dealership. The GT auto oil starts out in a "bonus" type phase that last for 300km (~188 miles).

Yep, I noticed this while running a 5 race championship in I-A, 5 laps each.. I started in a car with 130 miles on it.

Race 1, lost a few PP. Race 2, lost a few more. After race 3, I was back to the base power levels (no GT Auto oil, fresh from dealership). For race 4 and 5, it remained the same and never lost any more power.

After the series was over, changed oil and right back to the "enhanced" power levels as if it were brand new and had the oil change.
 
There are a few cars whose hp drops or increases magically just after buying it, such as the '02 Toyota Vitz RS Turbo. I had to give it an oil change to bring up the hp to 143.

Also on the '91 Honda Prelude Si VTEC, I had to lower the power to 93.6% to make the hp correct at 197 and the 1983 Nissan Skyline HT 2000 Turbo RS I lowered power to 99.9% to make the hp correct at 187.
 
Back