Questions: Online Racing & Car Setup

• Thread starter chiboss1
  • 3 comments
chiboss1
First and foremost, I have to say that F1CE is a great game!! I have played many racing games including GranTurismo 3 & 4, TOCA Race Driver 2 & 3, World Rally Championship (WRC), and EA Sports F1 2000, 2001, 2002. F1CE tops them all in most categories.

I have completed many career mode events and achieved both drivers and constructors championships in the hard setting. It is achievable but requires you to have a stable driving wheel (G25 or similar) with foundation (www.GameRacer.co.uk) and many hours of setup tinkering and practice. Also learn to race with manual shifting - it makes a difference. Practice above all!! NOTE: I can’t see achieving significant success in F1CE using a dual-shock hand controller, especially with collision on.

I’m somewhat new to online racing in F1CE. I have searched all over the internet (including this board) and have found very few setup discussions regarding online play. My experience tells me there are some set-up variations from driver to driver. Granted, there are some very fast, skilled, and experienced drivers out there who completely understand how to achieve very fast lap times consistently. But there are a few situations where I have noticed an obvious advantage where setup (or cheats) has to be the difference.

I have been experimenting with car setup assuming it transfers from single player to online racing mode. I have a strong hunch that all setup established in single racing mode transfers to your online car, but not entirely certain of this.

Specific Questions:
1) Does setup transfer at all from single mode to online mode?
2) Assuming the answer to question #1 is yes: If I setup the McLaren in single racing mode for every track in the career session, does this setup transfer to only the McLaren, or to all cars in online racing mode?

I did send an email to the developers of this game, SCEE Studio Liverpool, trying to get an answer to my questions. No Response to date.

There are no car setups in online, all cars have a standard setup (likely the default) and all cars are standardised in terms of performance Ferraris are just as fast as Super Aguris.
Your car setups from offline mode do not carry over to online.
This was likely done to keep online simple for the average gamer and keep the grids somewhat balanced or the online mode might have been a function that was added late in the games production cycle, and so not much time was spent on it, leaving features such as this out (along with voice chat, pit strategies, etc.)

Thanks for the response!! One performance issue that stands out and unresolved is the launch. There are a few racers that can launch much faster than others. It is very noticible with only a few racers. Any explaination? BTW, I race using the manual shifter.

So the only thing that we can change is braking and accelleration stability. Any insite on these settings?

Thank again Ardius. Still looking for an opening in your series!!

Just to add to that, some settings are transferred e.g. Traction control settings, so the manual gears may be transferred as well.
Some drivers online may get better starts because of manual shifting techniques, or it could be something to do with traction.

Back