Questions regarding BOP tunes

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 5 comments
Germany
Germany
I'm fairly new to the game. Trying to get my head around BOP. I understand what it is but I don't quite understand why many of the tunes available on here are "BOP" tunes. Can someone explain and help me understand? I thought that BOP basically means that all cars in a race are equalised and tunes are effectively neutralised. Not so?

Some specific questions:

Q1. If I can't find a "normal" tune for a car, but I can find a BOP tune (for example I want one for the Supra GR Concept 18 and Praiano has a BOP tune ), does the BOP tune substitute for a normal tune?

Q2. I assume the answer to Q1 is "no it isn't a full substitute", so can someone explain under which circumstances I'd use a BOP tune?

Q3. If I put a BOP tune on my car anyway, despite wanting to use it on non BOP races, what downsides am I likely to experience? Is it likely to be completely unsuited to a non BOP race?

Last edited:
If you pretend to use a BOP tune staying in a close range around the specific weight and power range of the car matched by the BOP , it will work the same way. In other case , the settings need to be revisited.
Changing tires also change a few the behaviors of the car , for example a softer compound will increase weight transfer and request a slighter superior rigidity around the 4 points. Also, with more grip , you'll have more traction passed to the ground , consequently LSD settings have to change a few to stay with the same behaviors..

Thanks @praiano63.

If you pretend to use a BOP tune staying in a close range around the specific weight and power range of the car matched by the BOP , it will work the same way.

So how do I know which races or tracks the Supra GR BOP tune is ok for?

I don't race online yet. I'm still new and learning the tracks.

Thanks @praiano63.

So how do I know which races or tracks the Supra GR BOP tune is ok for?

I don't race online yet. I'm still new and learning the tracks.
You're welcome.
Like it's written on the tune description , this is an all around tune. You will only know if it fit to your driving style or to any track testing it by yourself.
Normally i set my all around tunes on Suzuka , Nurb Nordschleife , Brands Hatch and Lago Maggiore sometime.

OK so its only suitable for races when the car has 570 HP.

Is this correct interpretation by me?

570.JPG

Back