Quick Decisions: Tickets Worth the Gamble re-Opening After 1.29

• Thread starter BobDx123
  • 9 comments
United States
United States
Not sure if some of your Cars, Special Tuning Parts or Engine Tickets are better to keep today for good or if it’s best roll the dice tommorow?

Well, me too. (Questions about my own tickets are at the bottom of this post) I purposely waited until today to collect some tickets from the Cafe, in hopes that if it’s not great today or tomorrow I might get a third shot if they do another small update within 30 days of today. Figured I would set this up for others like myself in the same situation looking for quick advice today from other members.

*Attn: any newer members who aren’t already familiar with this… All roulette tickets, regardless how they are obtained (from Menu, Extra Menu, Daily Rewards etc…) have the opportunity to be “re-opened” for a chance of receiving a different prize AFTER an update has been released. This works by closing the app after you opened a ticket or group of tickets, have seen the prize but have NOT left the “Gift Screen” in the garage (The page that displays all of your tickets). Upon restarting the game the ticket(s) will revert back, appearing unopened, giving you the opportunity to try again. The prize will be the SAME if you reopen any of those tickets in the same update that you received them ie 1.27 now. So far this does not work with tickets that reward “credits”, which will always be for the same amount. **Careful when saving tickets like this that they don’t expire, which includes the time of day. I’ve lost a couple tickets opening them an hour or two after they expired.

To start,

Tickets reopened will always receive the same prize “type” which are:

1. Regular Part —-> Different Regular Part (for likely a different car)
2. Special “S” Part —-> Different Regular Part (for likely a different car)
“S” parts include:
-Bore Up S
-Stroke Up S
-Titanium Connecting Rods & Pistons
-High Lift Camshaft S
-Ultra-High-RPM Turbocharger
-Carbon Ceramic Brake kit (Boooooo🤬) (Always worth trying again in my opinion)
-Carbon Propeller Shaft
-Weight Reduction: Stage 5

3. Engine ——> etc…
4. Invitation —> etc…
5. Car Type A (value of 30,000 Cr. to 100,000 Cr.)
6. Car Type B (value of 120,000 Cr. to 450,000 Cr.)
7. Car Type C (value of 500,000 Cr. to 3,640,000 Cr.)

*Regarding car rewards… it’s often a good idea to try again if the car value is at the bottom of one of these scales. Also consider the value if you already own it, what it would sell for if not interested in the duplicate. Before learning all this I lost out from a ticket with a 450k car I didn’t own (top of type B) that became a 120k I already owned and the resale value was awful…

————————————————————————————————-
Just a few questions for the tickets I’m not sure about…

Should I re-roll these tomorrow or keep

“S” Parts:

1. Stage 5 weight for Chiron
  2. Tit. Connecting Rods… for Subaru BRZ S ‘15
Engine Tickets:
  1. RSR: LS7-Rampage
  2. Chevy: LS9 Corvette
  3. Ford: Mustang GT ‘15 (Already Own 1)
Currently Owned Engines:
  1. Audi: R5-20vT-Quattro-Pikes
  2. Chevy: LT1-Corvette
  3. Ferrari: F136F-458
  4. Mazda: R26B-787B
  5. Mazda: 13B-REW-RX-7
  6. Audi: BYH-R8
  7. Honda: K20C1-Civic-'20
  8. Nissan: VR38DETT-GT-R-NISMO
  9. Ford: Coyote-5.0L-Mustang
  10. Porsche: M64/03-911

*Thank you in advance for any input, suggestions, opinions etc… it’s always helpful and much appreciated

Last edited:
I found thru experience and unplugging console method of resetting that whatever was awarded PRIOR to update will be the SAME after the update.
Prizes will not change...the prizes are predetermined when you win the ticket after the 26.7 miles.

Last edited:
I found thru experience and unplugging console method of resetting that whatever was awarded PRIOR to update will be the SAME after the update.
Prizes will not change...the prizes are predetermined when you win the ticket after the 26.7 miles.
They don’t always change. However, I did not track the origin of each ticket… Are you saying they can only flip if they were “won” from menu & extra menu etc… and not if the ticket was from daily reward?

Last update I re-rolled:

2 invites (4* tickets): one of them changed
2 cars (one b type (4*) & one c type (5*): both changed
3 “S” Parts (one 4* and 2 6*): the 4* changed and one of the 6* changed

This is objectively untrue.

Tickets absolutely can - and around 20% do - change what they reward after an update compared to what they rewarded before the update. The prizes are fixed only within the same game version. Also it's 26.2 miles.

And the answer is "yes". Keep tickets with stuff you don't want, or low value rewards. At worst they'll stay the same or change to something else you don't want, which loses you nothing. If they change for the better, you gain something.

Last edited:
Last update I re-rolled:

2 invites (4* tickets): one of them changed
2 cars (one b type (4*) & one c type (5*): both changed
3 “S” Parts (one 4* and 2 6*): the 4* changed and one of the 6* changed
Ok but it still remains the same prizes, for example the cars, the specific car may have changed but you STILL got a car on that ticket.. the invites may have changed but you still got an invite, it did not change to a stack of coin, a part, or a car, it remained an invite. The same with the parts, they did not change to other types of prize.
This is what it boils down to, the prizes are predetermined..

Apology for the error in the distance of daily marathon

Last edited:
I'd reroll the mustang engine ticket. Anything else is up to you.
The engine ones always changes after an update in my experience.

Last edited:
Lost an extra VK race motor for a K20 (bonanza, had 20 lol). Its a real gamble when you end up with lesser unfortunately. Saying that, got a LT4 Camaro ticket and got to figure out to gamble or keep it.
edit: Just jumped back on after a week, its not a LT4 ticket. Going to keep this NSX Concept '16 race motor, glad I checked. No reason to gamble.

Last edited:
How did everyone’s ticket reopening go? Anything special?

So I decided to keep the Bugatti Weight 5 and to roll the dice on both the extra Mustang engine and the the LS-9.

The LS-9 turned into a C7, so was excited for that upgrade… then a bit later realized the year was ‘15, so not the LT-5 but an LT-1 I already have 🤣.

The extra mustang engine became a Nissan SR20DET-Silvia-S15 which I didn’t own.

Other results:

Had One Invite (my 4th or 5th Aston) that unfortunately didn’t change

Two type “A” cars remained the same

Two “S” Part tickets remained the same.

*I’m going to hold onto things as long as possible in the event of a “bug fix” update arrives early for some PSVR2 issues. I retrieved tickets from the cafe yesterday and couple others were awarded from past few days so anything’s possible
Ok but it still remains the same prizes, for example the cars, the specific car may have changed but you STILL got a car on that ticket.. the invites may have changed but you still got an invite, it did not change to a stack of coin, a part, or a car, it remained an invite. The same with the parts, they did not change to other types of prize.
This is what it boils down to, the prizes are predetermined..

Apology for the error in the distance of daily marathon
Yes, that’s true but there’s a potential significant change in value either in usefulness to the player or monetarily from a car change, credit tickets don’t change in value at all though.

The Invites, “S” parts & Engines are the most important to me because they’re so rare, the ability to flip one that’s useless or already owned is a big deal.

The Cars are less important to me because credits a pretty easy to come by. With that said, changing Type “B” (120k-450k) & “C” (500k-3.64million) have the potential to award changes in value ~400,000cr & 3,000,000+cr respectively, particularly if the original ticket was on the Inexpensive side of the scale and already owned.

Like I mentioned before, this bit me in the a** from not understanding the car value brackets a while back. I gambled with a fairly expensive car I didn’t own and got a cheaper one already had and the resale value was garbage.

Last edited:
I saved about 20 tickets or so,
I went from a BRZ engine and a LT1 engine to a Rampage and a Enzo engine :)
Enzo from a 4 star ticket and the rampage from a motor ticket, i couldnt be happier!
besides the carbon brakes for the FFX the rest was all lowest possible money.

So finally have the enzo F40 now :-)

Back