Quick help with a setup of a DB9

• Thread starter Middle
  • 13 comments
awsominator
Hello all, first post here, but i suspect it will not be my last, the forums look great!

So basically i have an Aston Martin DB9 with all of the upgrades available after doing my usual tunings i could not get the car to handle properly, no matter what i did it would under steer.

So i reset all of the settings back to default ( my tuning is usually rather extreme ) and noticed that no matter what tires i was using that i would get wheel spin all the way through 1st gear which meant that i over steered exiting every corner, and was very slow off the line.

So basically can any one suggest a way to setup the car for optimal performance?

Side note: I haven't really talked to anyone about GT5 yet, but what is your guys opinion on the massive pixelation when tire smoke comes across a car?

Well, I don't think you'll ever get it to not wheelspin in 1st if you're punching the throttle on the exits, a softer touch may be required, which isnt easy with a controller. I suffer the same issue.

Very few corners require 1st gear though.

Toe on the rear set to slightly negative may reduce oversteer.
Downforce/Aerokit on the rear - Though this will only help above around 60-70mph
Maybe increase the camber on the rear too, allowing the tyres to keep contact in the bends. That may encourage understeer though but its a matter of trial and error.

Thanks for your reply, yeah i try to be smooth, but it can be a bit fiddly when you are competing. and yeah i will try adjusting the camber and toe, it is annoying that i know what they do but not how they affect the car.

Any other suggestions are welcome, it would e good to get someone else with the same car so we can experiment with setups =]

Press triangle when on the Suspension window.

And a brief description -

If the camber of the wheel is increased, when the car turns and rolls onto that side, the flatter part of the tyre actually gets more traction than straight and level driving. The more camber, the better in the turns, within reason, too much and straight line speed is screwed as there is no traction.

If you're adjusting this, maybe put it +1.0 to begin with, and smaller adjustments from there.

Regarding Toe - If the wheels are point in towards each other at the front, the car will turn sharper and more responsively, and outwards encourages understeer. A little outwards at the rear may help you keep the tail in check.

Only adjust that minimally too, its not something that goes full scale.

Thanks for the reply! What is triangle supposed to do? It doesn't seem to do anything?

And i will play with camber and toe in a bit. Any thing i can adjust regards to the LSD?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply! What is triangle supposed to do? It doesn't seem to do anything?

And i will play with camber and toe in a bit. Any thing i can adjust regards to the LSD?

Thanks

LSD I dont know much about yet.

It should bring up the Manual for that type of system, it explains whats going on and why it does what it does.

Should be when you can change the values, hit triangle and it'll show the info.

Cool will try that out now. I'm beginning to think i have just put to much power in the car! Also how have you guys found the online play?

654BHP

And the triangle thing doesn't work, so i just used the help button! In fairness i am not really new to this, (I own 1,2,3,4,5P,5) and i know quite a bit about he tuning side of the game; it is just i rally want to get this car to be perfect. And i am getting quite impatient XD

Thanks a lot

Try adjusting the LSD...specifically the acceleration and torque sections. I cant remember which way to adjust to get certain results so you'll have to try it out yourself. You should notice a difference when accelerating out of corners.

Also raising the rear ride height slightly might help as well, although not as much.

Unrelated: Just got a Lotus Elise and it is amazing, just need to know how to reduce the over steer a tad. Other wise it is perfect, i over took two race modded Nissan GT's online XD

For the lotus elise, a quick fix would probably be softer rear spring settings as well as anti roll bar settings. Drop the rear ride height. Adjust Accel diff, just a few off the top of my head

Back