Quick match: touring car battle

United States
United States
nmscapegoat
Is any body else having a harder than usual time connecting to the touring car battle in quick match? I can never connect to any quick match on the first try, but since the new matches have been out I have only connected to this particular race maybe 3 times. The other 4, no more problems than usual.

I don't think there's much hardware thrown at the quick matches, judging by the race count and how quick it goes up. It's a case of keeping trying and getting one of the limited slots eventually.

It seems worse the longer the race (rotation) and whether it's popular or not. New quick matches are a nightmare to get on for me but the less popular races, I connect 4 out of 5 times.

They settle down eventually.

I haven't tried the Brands QM once. Why oh why did they go with the indy track and quick cars? It needs a nice and low pp (400-450) to get some action going. Better yet, more one make races where the power is locked down but you can alter anything else to suit. A driver versus driver quick match.

Wishful thinking but throw in some success ballast as well. No more flying off into the distance by the same drivers race after race. Well, they'll still win but not by as much.:P

Sorry. Dreaming there.

I'm new to Quick Match races and I've made a few newbie mistakes (apologies to the bumped) - apart from % of races that never actually get going (racers just opt out after clock resets continually - my queries are;
Can you use owned cars rather than courtesies?
Why are most opponents able to win by at least half a lap when they're using the same cars? (and it's not skill that's allowing them to blast past me on the straights when I'm going flat out).
Why do I get penalised when racers are hitting me from behind?
Why do some racers spend the whole race blocking others for unintentional "racing incidents" rather than just getting on with the race?
I'm not being precious - just curious!
Ricciardo was robbed - that was a professional stuff-up. And they complain about FIFA!!!
Happy Hunting

Let me guess... Redbull ring???? :P

yes the short races attract the bad crowd...
courtesy cars are mandated but some "jerks" know a way around that somehow,internet speed connection does play a big role in some QM settings they might have a super super fast connection and PN trying to sync up connections causes some of us to run like we are driving in mud sometimes.
while I`m not a seasoned vet like some here,but I learn QUICK...
there is also the srf bug that some take advantage of,with a fast connection so that could explane because i experience the same thing,with a lot of cars in the room I`m lucky to finish midpack,but I don`t spent much time in those rooms,and when I do its just for fun and experience,I don`t expect to win.
Penaltys yea those aren`t fair,I once got 5 penaltys before the end of the 2 corner :odd: be aware that anyone cutting inside of you and touches you,YOU get the penalty,also touching the rear of a car gets a penalty BUT if your front end touches the SIDE of the car infront you ghost through,so that explanes all the cutting to the inside of some drivers.
blockers,well those are just D***S they are there ALWAYS.... they just have to protect their 137second laptime at all costs,and brake checkers they move in front of your line and brake check you so you get the penalty and they can run away for their finish because its sooo important for them to finish midpack or worse :crazy:
best advice I can give you is run your race and your pace,don`t get caught up fighting another driver,its just one race and there are other rooms and other races,brake early and in a separate line than the car in front of you,don`t get caught up in late brakeing like a lot do,have fun if your not having fun in that room disconnect and go into another room.
:gtpflag:

Can you use owned cars rather than courtesies?

They do tuned car quick matches sometimes but not nearly enough of them. Maybe 1 in 10 is a tuned quick match.

Why are most opponents able to win by at least half a lap when they're using the same cars? (and it's not skill that's allowing them to blast past me on the straights when I'm going flat out).

If they get a better exit going onto the straight + a nice slipstream=a good run on you.

Make sure you get the exit right onto the 3 straights and you'll have prime overtaking spots every time.

Why do I get penalised when racers are hitting me from behind?

If there's too big a speed difference between you, it looks like brake checking to the PS3 but it's guesswork on who gets the penalty. Better to let anyone pass who has a good run on you, tuck in behind them and avoid the penalty.

Why do some racers spend the whole race blocking others for unintentional "racing incidents" rather than just getting on with the race?

Numpties. Avoid at all costs.

Ricciardo was robbed - that was a professional stuff-up. And they complain about FIFA!!!

Red Bull give you wings, not tires...

Back