Quick museum card question.

  • Thread starter Thread starter teecro
  • 20 comments
  • 1,357 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
1,462
United States
570
I guess this would be considered a 'noobish' question. Anyway, I have just recently started keeping track of my museum cards, is there anyway to see which ones I have just received [i.e. daily sign in bonus] without going through the entire manufacturer comparing the numbers to the list on mygranturismo.net?:scared:
 
I have been wondering the same thing but I have not scene anything on the game or have read anything about it. Lets hope for it in a future update.
 
I guess this would be considered a 'noobish' question. Anyway, I have just recently started keeping track of my museum cards, is there anyway to see which ones I have just received [i.e. daily sign in bonus] without going through the entire manufacturer comparing the numbers to the list on mygranturismo.net?:scared:

What I did was to print a copy of the list and crossed out the ones that I had. Then each day on the first screen you can see the total number of your cards for each manufacturer. For example if you had 34 of the "Fords" and the next day you have 36 you have 2 new ones. If you have 2 or 3 of the same card it only count ! in the list. I'm down to needing only 5 cards. When I got down to about 40 cards needed I made a list of the ones I needed so I could check my other accounts if they had them.
 
One quick question is there any way to delete these from my game? I realy do not have any use for them and they just take up space.
 
jleviathan
One quick question is there any way to delete these from my game? I realy do not have any use for them and they just take up space.

Yes and no. I don't know if you can delete them, but you could give them too me... Or someone else but, me...
 
^^ Select any museum card and view it. There should be an option with a bin symbol.
 
What I did was to print a copy of the list and crossed out the ones that I had. Then each day on the first screen you can see the total number of your cards for each manufacturer. For example if you had 34 of the "Fords" and the next day you have 36 you have 2 new ones. If you have 2 or 3 of the same card it only count ! in the list. I'm down to needing only 5 cards. When I got down to about 40 cards needed I made a list of the ones I needed so I could check my other accounts if they had them.


Yeah, that's what I've been doing. Except instead of printing out a list, I've been using mygranturismo.net. I was just hoping there was an easier way :lol: Because it's not fun going through Ford or Citroen. :crazy:
 
what is the point in it? and horns? just give me tyres that dont overheat in a split second and cars that dont handle like a shopping trolley! gt4 is a much better game
 
I guess this would be considered a 'noobish' question. Anyway, I have just recently started keeping track of my museum cards, is there anyway to see which ones I have just received [i.e. daily sign in bonus] without going through the entire manufacturer comparing the numbers to the list on mygranturismo.net?:scared:

The answer is no. However there are any strategies that will save you a lot of time. I will explain 2 methods that can be used together:

First Method: Compare new countings vs old countings

What I did was to print a copy of the list and crossed out the ones that I had. Then each day on the first screen you can see the total number of your cards for each manufacturer. For example if you had 34 of the "Fords" and the next day you have 36 you have 2 new ones. If you have 2 or 3 of the same card it only count ! in the list. I'm down to needing only 5 cards. When I got down to about 40 cards needed I made a list of the ones I needed so I could check my other accounts if they had them.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. Except instead of printing out a list, I've been using mygranturismo.net. I was just hoping there was an easier way :lol: Because it's not fun going through Ford or Citroen. :crazy:

This is possible because the the number for each manufacturer only shows how many different cards you have and not the total number owned. This way doubles wont count for your total.

How it works: As said above you just need to compare your mygranturismo.net number to your in game number after receiving cards.
I am assuming that you don't want to keep track of those that you already have but received another one (because it wont make sense, even for trading purposes). If you receive cards as a gift you don't need to apply this because the number and manufacturer are displayed in the gift menu (before receiving)

When you detect a difference between your granturismo.net and your in game count you should do as follows:

2. How to discover the missing card quiqkly

If you have less than 60/70% of the total cards of the manufacturer:

Cards are displayed in game in 4 rows. You should only pay attention to the last one (or the first if you want). In your mygranturismo.net account you look at your 4th card and compare the number. Then go down one line and compare that card with your 8th card on mygranturismo.net and so on. I you will save a lot of time. You could also do 2 or 3 lines in a row for big manufacturers. When you have found the difference your new card should be at that ln game line.

If you have more than 60/70% of the total cards of the manufacturer:

The first method will take you a lot of time. You should look at the cards you don't own on myranturismo.net and compare them to ingame listing. For example: you see the number of the first unowned card and will look in-game to see if you have it.

Aditional content:

Once you found a number of cards in a manufacturer equal to the difference between mygranturismo.net and in-game cards you should stop looking in that manufacturer. For example if you earn 1 card and found it is 6-ford you wont need to look further, just press O and pass to another manufacturer.

There is another techinc, but it isn,t very secure. I have noticed that the cards that you don't own and see for the first time take longer to appear in the screen. If you start go through your list and notice that in one line a card is taking more time to show is image, probably that card is a new one.

Hope it helped
 
what is the point in it? and horns? just give me tyres that dont overheat in a split second and cars that dont handle like a shopping trolley! gt4 is a much better game

You should have stopped your post after you said the word 'horns.' Nobody in this thread was complaing about this game, talking about tires, cars, what they'd rather have, or comparing it to GT4. I just asked if there was an easier way of finding which cards were new.
Seeing as how you only have 7 posts, it's clear you were just trying to boost your post count. So please, take it somewhere else.
Also for future reference, don't worry about boosting your post count, actually try to contribute to the tread. If you have a question related to the thread, ask it and leave it at that.


@Divinus - Thank you for your input, the looking at the first or last number in each row makes a lot of sense and will save a lot of time. That was just the type of answer I was looking for.👍
 
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. Except instead of printing out a list, I've been using mygranturismo.net. I was just hoping there was an easier way :lol: Because it's not fun going through Ford or Citroen. :crazy:
Print your mygranturismo.net list (it will be blank as to which ones you have) then take a pencil and cross out the ones you have as you get them. Thats why I printed out your list so I will know what to send you.
 
@Divinus - Thank you for your input, the looking at the first or last number in each row makes a lot of sense and will save a lot of time. That was just the type of answer I was looking for.👍
👍
Allways here to help

Print your mygranturismo.net list (it will be blank as to which ones you have) then take a pencil and cross out the ones you have as you get them. Thats why I printed out your list so I will know what to send you.

1. If you have a 10 inch laptop like me or a smartphone or an ipad or something similar you could update your list on mygranturismo directly. You just need sit down put your device in your legs and hold the ps3 controller and then do the match. This way you wont waste papper: save the trees yay! Also you don't need to update your mygranturismo.net account in a posterior moment (if you do so) and you not take the risk of losing/destroying your paper.

2. However if you don't have any device with internet connection that can be near you when you are sit down, print the list. In this case i must say that you are absolutely right because is indeed the best way.
 
PD could've made this a whole lot simpler by taking you straight to the unlocked cards when you open the museum and it's respective manufacturer sub menus.

It's the little details like these that can make games like these go farther.
 
Yes my Laptops busted PC in back bedroom PS3 in Living Room! As far as saving the trees how many are killed by using electric? Strip mining,building dams (poor trees drown), paper work keeping electric company running Have you ever seen the junk they will stick inside your electric bill:dunce:. I used to get a postcard electric bill now envelope with return envelope 2-3 page bill and some junk stuff.
 
@opelgt1969

You have a point but i disagree about your thoughts on trees (like the buiding dams example). If you want to discuss this subject i think we should open a new thread in the proper forum and have a nice discussion, and not hijack this more.

Divinus
 
Last edited:
^^ Select any museum card and view it. There should be an option with a bin symbol.

Thank you.

I wouldn't thank him too soon, you can't delete them. There is no bin symbol.:sly:


What I did was to print a copy of the list and crossed out the ones that I had. Then each day on the first screen you can see the total number of your cards for each manufacturer. For example if you had 34 of the "Fords" and the next day you have 36 you have 2 new ones.

Do this and then click on Ford (or wherever you have any new ones) and scroll through while looking at the bottom right of the screen and when installing comes up, that's your new card. This works for all except Citroen for some reason. However for Citroen you can look out for cards taking longer to load than normal and they will be the ones you just got.:)
 
Last edited:
Umm, it's museum cards--who cares? Seriously I don't know why PD invested so much time and effort into those things (and horns, helmets, suits) instead of more tracks and cars.

Just my $0.02
 
Umm, it's museum cards--who cares? Seriously I don't know why PD invested so much time and effort into those things (and horns, helmets, suits) instead of more tracks and cars.

Just my $0.02

Pretty sure I didn't ask if you cared or if anyone else cared about the museum cards. Please, take your $0.02 else where.
I don't look at them or probably ever will. But since they are there and I like to complete everything in my games to 100%, that means I want to collect them all.
 
I have an Excel Spreadsheet where I can check off the ones I own, with the totals for each manufacturer underneath to make it easy to spot which ones I have new cards for.

Yeah, I know.
Also, while we're on the subject of cards, is anyone else getting no Lotus cards at all? I mean, I know there's only like 20 of them, but I only have 4 and I haven't had any new ones in weeks.
 
teecro
Pretty sure I didn't ask if you cared or if anyone else cared about the museum cards. Please, take your $0.02 else where.
I don't look at them or probably ever will. But since they are there and I like to complete everything in my games to 100%, that means I want to collect them all.

Wow... OTR much?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back