QUICK POLL: How many votes for the LEC 42?

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 19 comments

How many votes for the LEC 42 poll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many votes do we have in this poll? :lol:
That's the point! :D

Edit : I understand people voting for 3, but I really think we do need at least one more vote to give (at least) a point to (at least) one other guy who did what we've seen in this round! :D

I voted for 5 but if this option doesn't win this poll you can consider I would have voted for 4!

Anyway, I will vote as I'll be able to, and will tell which one I would have if I would have 10 votes! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
While from time to time I feel like wanting to give out more than 3 votes, I'm concerned that the idea of increasing the number of votes might not work if we end up with fewer entries in future competitions. @MMX does have a valid point in that more votes might end up devaluing the choices that are available, and I would agree with @Panoz that we only allow 4-5 votes if there are a lot of entries to choose from.

Haven't fully decided which way I will vote yet, but wanted to put my thoughts across before this poll ends.

I'm concerned that the idea of increasing the number of votes might not work if we end up with fewer entries in future competitions.

I think the idea would be that the number of votes would increase or decrease with the amount of entries. I have seen it drop down to 2 votes for smaller competitions, and it might be worthwhile raising it to 4 this time with the 37 entries we have.

It might be also worthwhile establishing this sliding scale of number of votes vs. number of entries for future reference. 2 votes for less than or equal to around 20, 3 votes for less than or equal to around 30 and so on.

I’m with @Higny

I understand that diluting the value of votes is a challenge but imagine we had 40 entries, 50 or 100, would 3 votes still suffice?

For me it’s a balance of choosing the very best liveries but also acknowledging the hard work of others who are either markedly creative, relatively new to the livery scene or those who may not have as much technical ability as the pros but still deliver great entries

4 votes for me.
1 vote for 10 entries.

1 - 10 entries = 1 vote
11 - 20 entries = 2 votes
21 - 30 entries = 3 votes
31 - 40 entries = 4 votes

Same way we raise the number of vote from 1 to 3 for the LEC 07 cause we reached 20 entries.

There is a very small inconsistency in this

I would argue for 1 vote plus 1 vote for 10 entries.
Therefore

1 - 10 entries = 2 votes (are we likely to have so few entries?)
11 - 20 entries = 3 votes
21 - 30 entries = 4 votes
31 - 40 entries = 5 votes

When voting, it is quite common that the first vote or two is a fairly easy decision. It is the final vote(s) that are so difficult to choose. The quality can be so high that some liveries don't get the love they deserve.

For this round. in which somebody else counted 37 entries, it means that everybody gets to not vote for 32 liveries! It will be very interesting to see how the voting goes, and so I selected 5 votes.

Last edited:
I've been looking though the previous 41 LEC Polls to see how many entries each one had.

The upcoming LEC 42 will have the 2nd largest selection to vote on in LEC history and only the 9th to have 30 or more entries.

Out of the previous 8 LECs with 30+ entries, I feel only 4 of them could've 4 or 5 vote selections without diluting the voting
LEC 8 Sunday Cup Track Day - 41
LEC 11 GathRing -36
LEC 15 National Pride - 34
LEC 16 80's Style - 34

A solid LEC seem to pull about 25 entries and people can only pick about 12% of the entries with 3 votes.
5 votes for LEC 8 will be at 12.1% and 4 votes for LECs 11, 15 and 16 (11.1% and 11.7%)

For me it’s a balance of choosing the very best liveries but also acknowledging the hard work of others who are either markedly creative, relatively new to the livery scene or those who may not have as much technical ability as the pros but still deliver great entries

While I don´t have the problem to find my personal favourite, I would agree 100% with you. It´s the possibility to show some respect.

BTW - how many votes do I have in this poll? :dunce: Sry

It´s the possibility to show some respect.

So I should take all those LEC's I entered and got zero votes as some sort of dis by the community? :lol:

This is for fun, not to earn rep-points. People can show 'respect' and appreciation for liveries they 'like' or actually comment on in the threads. You're voting for the ones you want to win, not the ones you feel the person tried REALLY hard on... because that would be nearly all liveries

So I should take all those LEC's I entered and got zero votes as some sort of dis by the community? :lol:

This is for fun, not to earn rep-points. People can show 'respect' and appreciation for liveries they 'like' or actually comment on in the threads. You're voting for the ones you want to win, not the ones you feel the person tried REALLY hard on... because that would be nearly all liveries
That's actually how I vote sometimes: I do want to tell someone I like yours, you won't win but hey, here's one point from me dude, good job !

I went 3 votes. It can be difficult to choose the best sometimes, so 3 votes allows a bit of wiggle room, e.g. a vote for the one you like the most, a vote for the one that maybe interprets the rules the best, and a vote for one that was clearly very difficult to make. We are still trying to pick a winner, I think that's worth remembering.

I'm not against systems that allow people to see more feedback on their designs, but I think it could be discussed for future implementation in some way.

please stay consistent and keep it at 3. i don't think it's fair to past LECs to have more votes available for this one

please stay consistent and keep it at 3. i don't think it's fair to past LECs to have more votes available for this one
Has it always be 3, whatever the amount of entries ?

If so I can understand that point of view, and I have to admit I understand @MatskiMonk too, but if I remember well what I've read, the number of votes allowed in the past was 2 when they were less entries, am I wrong ?

I think it should always be 3 no matter the number of entries.

I think it should always be 3 no matter the number of entries.
Agreed. I've always viewed it as I'm choosing what I think the podium should be, regardless of how many are in there.

For this particular round, I'll follow the result of the poll and go for 5 votes.

But if the case of so many entries happens again, we'll have to discuss it more definitively.

POLL CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back