Quick question..

VYPA-SQUAD_Ace/YungThugga08
I'm new to Forza and I just hopped online for the first time to try some races and see how the other drivers are. I already don't like some.

Anywho, are their rooms where I can just drive without being ran off the road with a "X 999 class #63 C 9" (which I'm assuming to be a hacked car)?

X class cars are normal, they are usually LMP's with max tuning.

You can select what class you want to race if you use multiclass or circuit racing options.

Forza also has a very good options for user created races, they by far allow the best experience online, but not many people set them up. I also check user created races first when going online.

A little off topic, but I'm considering starting a Forza league, in case you'd be interested.

Most online for any game is rather harsh, I would recommend sticking to regulated lobbys so that way everyone is atleast in the same class. Try to pick up some friends as soon as possible so that way you can just host a room with a bunch of drivers you know to be legit.

Personally, I tend to hop into the public lobbies that focus on a specific class. D, B, and A are my favourites; they offer such a wide variety of competitors and possible cars that you should be able to find something competitive early on. A Miata will always do decently well in D, for example.

I have found some resistance (and subsequently, kicks) when you take an Elise/Exige to a race in B or A, since it's an established "leaderboard" car. Which is unfortunate, since I genuinely just enjoy driving them :(

Sorry for the late reply. Went to see a new family member. But the X class cars I was constantly racing against looked like an all blacked out Volkswagen Jetta.

I'll start looking for better rooms or just rooms restricted to a certain class.

Trying to get used to driving on Forza, coming from Gran Turismo is taking time getting used too. So I'm gonna suck for now, if I join anything.

Forza also has a very good options for user created races, they by far allow the best experience online, but not many people set them up. I also check user created races first when going online.
One thing about this is that they can mandate certain assist settings or cockpit view. If you never play with Simulation steering or Manual w/ Clutch, you could suddenly find yourself grinding gears and spinning out of corners without any warning. You can check those settings ahead of time in the lobby menu, but it's a bit time consuming to do every single time you join a room. Just something for VYPA-SQUAD_Ace to remember.

Sorry for the late reply. Went to see a new family member. But the X class cars I was constantly racing against looked like an all blacked out Volkswagen Jetta.
Those are DLC cars. You should help yourself to the dozen-or-so free "sample" cars -- which contain all of the data for each pack -- and then you'll see the actual car instead of the Jetta. And you'll have an extra dozen cars. 👍

Wolfe
One thing about this is that they can mandate certain assist settings or cockpit view. If you never play with Simulation steering or Manual w/ Clutch, you could suddenly find yourself grinding gears and spinning out of corners without any warning. You can check those settings ahead of time in the lobby menu, but it's a bit time consuming to do every single time you join a room. Just something for VYPA-SQUAD_Ace to remember.

Those are DLC cars. You should help yourself to the dozen-or-so free "sample" cars -- which contain all of the data for each pack -- and then you'll see the actual car instead of the Jetta. And you'll have an extra dozen cars. 👍

Well, when I started the career, I put my steering on Simulation, Traction control off, Stability control is off a lot of times, and I drive in manual. I do drive cockpit and hood view a lot.

So, just go through the packs I didn't get from the season pass and download the free car and I'll have the data for the car they're actually in? Nice. I'll do that right now.

VYPA-SQUAD_Ace
Anywho, are their rooms where I can just drive without being ran off the road with a "X 999 class #63 C 9" (which I'm assuming to be a hacked car)?

There are no hacked cars in Forza, and it's probably harder to hack in Forza because you can't edit your game saves. You can't even backup and restore Forza saves, not even being able to store them on the Cloud.

There are definitely hacked cars in Forza, but if they're used online, those XBL accounts get weeded out relatively quickly.

Ah ok. Guess I was just misinformed about it. I've been really bugged by so many people hacking cars on GT5, so I'm thinking it might be on here too.

I usually just select quick race and stick around in any room with a decent amount of people, there are always the ones ramming but I feel the racing is slightly more relaxed in there with people of all skill levels in there. The only people I've seen get kicked a lot are the ones that win every race, I have more fun anyway using slower cars and trying to keep up with the faster cars anyway so I usually have no problems.

If you're interested in more serious racing though you really should find a group of people who also want to race seriously, or at least don't go in the quick race lobbies.

Well, my thing is, I've been placed in P1 every time the race stars. Since I'm using no traction control or stability control, my cars spins out heavily at first, so everybody behind me just rams me until they run me off the track.

I'm just looking to have a good time on the track with other racers, tuners, designers, and other people.

But I will try finding other rooms instead of those quick lobbies.

I'm new to Forza and I just hopped online for the first time to try some races and see how the other drivers are. I already don't like some.

The C9 isn't hacked, that car is just way faster than it should be on Forza capable of 270 mph with very good accel and decent handling. Unfortunately Forza is all over the board with the performance of the race cars which seem to be different on every version so far. For example the 962 Porsche on Forza2 was moderately fast and handled very good and was pretty good on the ring. In Forza 3 it was slow and would finish dead last in the endurance race around the ring. In Forza 4 is is super fast and handles horribly. Other P1 and P2 cars are dramatically different from one version to the next even though they are supposed to be the same car.

As for public races, I avoid all of the hopper races. I really wish they had never added them at all. Forza 2 had a better public lobby system where all races were user created, some were great others were really bad but there were always several to choose from and you could usually find a good one running the class of cars that you like to drive. You could also tune in a lobby if needed but that was all removed in Forza 3 and in Forza 4 they kept the hoppers but at least they did give us back a way to race in user created public lobbies there just aren't nearly as many as there were before the hoppers.

Your best bet is to search the user created races to find one that looks good to you or create your own and wait for people to join.

Well, my thing is, I've been placed in P1 every time the race stars.
There may be a cause and solution for that. IIRC, one of the options for grid order is "Reverse PI." That would place you ahead of anyone who has a higher PI. Taking a faster car won't help wheelspin (unless it's AWD of course), but if you join a restricted class lobby, you could max out the PI for your class and watch the first-corner mayhem from a safer vantage point.

I'd recommend restricted-class lobbies in general. Open lobbies are where all the youngest players go -- whether in body or in mind. ;)

HBR-Roadhog

Your best bet is to search the user created races to find one that looks good to you or create your own and wait for people to join.

Ah, I see. Coming from GT5 where "hacking or modding" cars is now the new fad, I thought I was seeing the same thing on Forza. Glad that's been situated. Yeah, I'm gonna start searching for the user created rooms, or make my own.

Wolfe
There may be a cause and solution for that. IIRC, one of the options for grid order is "Reverse PI." That would place you ahead of anyone who has a higher PI. Taking a faster car won't help wheelspin (unless it's AWD of course), but if you join a restricted class lobby, you could max out the PI for your class and watch the first-corner mayhem from a safer vantage point.

I'd recommend restricted-class lobbies in general. Open lobbies are where all the youngest players go -- whether in body or in mind. ;)

So, if they're using actual race cars and I'm in a Zonda R, that would place me in front everytime, correct?

So, if they're using actual race cars and I'm in a Zonda R, that would place me in front everytime, correct?
Maybe, depends on which race cars they are using and how your Zonda is built. The Zonda R is basically a race car and is in the R2 class stock. I think it can go into the R1 class when fully modded out but am not sure as I have not used it for quite a while. In either case it is based on the PI number so if you are at the top of R2 with the Zonda and other drivers are running R1 cars then you would be in front if they were using R3 you would be in the rear if the PI is the same then you could be almost anywhere in the grid. There is apparently a hidden decimal place on the PI so it is possible for 1 800 pi car to be a slightly higher 800 than another with an 800

HBR-Roadhog
Maybe, depends on which race cars they are using and how your Zonda is built. The Zonda R is basically a race car and is in the R2 class stock. I think it can go into the R1 class when fully modded out but am not sure as I have not used it for quite a while. In either case it is based on the PI number so if you are at the top of R2 with the Zonda and other drivers are running R1 cars then you would be in front if they were using R3 you would be in the rear if the PI is the same then you could be almost anywhere in the grid. There is apparently a hidden decimal place on the PI so it is possible for 1 800 pi car to be a slightly higher 800 than another with an 800

Ah, I see. I was using the Zonda R you get in the room. The stock one. Now I'm starting to understand why I was put in the front every race.

As for public races, I avoid all of the hopper races. I really wish they had never added them at all.
I think they're a great idea, but rather poorly executed. The stock production hopper is an absolute waste of something I wanted badly; the repetitive cycle of car/track combos seriously kills it.

Ah, I see. I was using the Zonda R you get in the room. The stock one. Now I'm starting to understand why I was put in the front every race.
Ouch. Any stock loaner won't do you much good at all. :lol: Everyone's gonna have their own (much faster) upgraded cars.

I suppose that also kind of made you a target for the other players.

Generally when I create a lobby I set the grid order to random so everyone has an equal chance of starting up front on any given race. On GT5 I always use reverse finish order so whoever loses goes to the front for the next race and the winner to the back just it make it more competitive

Wolfe
Ouch. Any stock loaner won't do you much good at all. :lol: Everyone's gonna have their own (much faster) upgraded cars.

I suppose that also kind of made you a target for the other players.

Well, I wasn't doing too bad with the car once I realized I wasn't playing GT. Lol. I finished in the top 3 a few times and even won a race with that loaner. I can see now when going online like that, bring your own cars, tuned. Lol. Lesson learned. Guess I just wanted to try the online out because I'm still wet behind the ears with the game.

Also, is Forza Horizon any good to get?

Also, is Forza Horizon any good to get?
That depends on what you want from a racing game/ I know some people who like it a lot. I pre-ordered it then returned it a few days later as I did not like it. While it had some potential to be fun the fact that you could not tune the cars and that it felt more like an NFS title turned me off quite a lot.

HBR-Roadhog
That depends on what you want from a racing game/ I know some people who like it a lot. I pre-ordered it then returned it a few days later as I did not like it. While it had some potential to be fun the fact that you could not tune the cars and that it felt more like an NFS title turned me off quite a lot.

So, you can up your PI with the car, but can't tune the transmission or suspension.. so, its the Forza version of Test Drive Unlimited 2?

Yeah it is a bit like Test drive and a bit like some NFS titles, the cars do drive more like Forza but it just isn't my cup of tea. You may love it or hate it. If the demo is still online you should try it if you have not already.

HBR-Roadhog
Yeah it is a bit like Test drive and a bit like some NFS titles, the cars do drive more like Forza but it just isn't my cup of tea. You may love it or hate it. If the demo is still online you should try it if you have not already.

Alright, thanks for the heads up.

Back