Quick solutions to improve GT7

Western Sahara
Western Sahara
Problems with gt7 have been thoroughly discussed since launch, many of which it seems will require a lot of effort from PD to fix.

If you have any ideas PD could potentially implement in an afternoon of coding, post them here.

My suggestion:

Do a small update for the daily races every Friday based on data from the previous days of racing. This could mean:
  • removing the ability to use whatever car(s) have emerged as meta
  • converting it to a one make race
  • adjusting tyre wear or fuel usage to make strategy more important
  • changing tyre requirements
  • changing number of laps
  • changing required pit stops

Basically anything to make the races a bit less static with a clearly defined best strategy, without requiring people to learn a brand new combo.

Adding weather and per race qualifying would be good too, but seems that is a bigger coding issue.

1. Hopper online races which don't affect driver ratings (enter at your own risk!:D).

2. Two online Time Trials per week.

3. A Gr.1 series with 1hr races, 1m payouts per race.

4. A SF series with 30min races, 500k payouts per race.

5. 6hr, 12hr, 24hr Missions with VERY significant payouts.

6. More one-make/generic cars specifically aimed at online racing, IE LMP2/LMP3, Porsche 911 Cup, F3, 90's/00's F1, NASCAR.

For me there is some seriously low hanging fruit;

• Reduce the clicks and transitions so it is easier to access what you need when you need it, see the ability to buy tyres once at the pre-race screen, need more of this instead of having to go HOME all the time
  • Re-work TC so I dunno, it's useable? Right now TC1 is like TC4 in SPORT, ridiculous
  • Re-work tyre wear and pace between the race compounds, every race that tries to be creative devolves into a fuel sipping no-stopper........... i want the option to go hard on the softer compound.
  • Fix the BOP in GR4 and GR3
  • Ability to sell duplicates
  • Fix timing in general, there's a severe lack of historical info to pull up, the toggle on the timing screen is gone from SPORT for some reason
  • Make spectating way better, including a detailed timing screen
I could keep going, there's so, so much but instead we will get another version of a R34 skyline.

Last edited:
Back