Quick (stupid?) question

  • Thread starter Thread starter MrRothstein
  • 19 comments
  • 1,236 views
Messages
3
Im using a controller for GT4 (DS2? not sure if that means sual shock 2, but its the black one that comes with the playstation). Is there steering assist in this game? I was playing yesterday and it feels like i should be spinning out but i wasnt. I can't seem to find the assist settings anywhere for the controller. Can somebody help please?
 
MrRothstein
Im using a controller for GT4 (DS2? not sure if that means sual shock 2, but its the black one that comes with the playstation). Is there steering assist in this game? I was playing yesterday and it feels like i should be spinning out but i wasnt. I can't seem to find the assist settings anywhere for the controller. Can somebody help please?

No steering assist.
 
MrRothstein
Im using a controller for GT4 (DS2? not sure if that means sual shock 2, but its the black one that comes with the playstation). Is there steering assist in this game? I was playing yesterday and it feels like i should be spinning out but i wasnt. I can't seem to find the assist settings anywhere for the controller. Can somebody help please?
There isn't a controller setting for it but go to car setup and turn off ASM.
 
Ive also have a stupid question.. in gt4p there was view from above camera angle while racing.. is that not included in gt4? i know there is the roof shot.. but not the one from above.. can anyone help?
 
Spawnyz
Ive also have a stupid question.. in gt4p there was view from above camera angle while racing.. is that not included in gt4? i know there is the roof shot.. but not the one from above.. can anyone help?
I know what you are talking about. I was excited to use that during races but is not included during races. 👎 You can watch during replays but not actual gameplay.
 
Also a stupid question, how do you turn auto-save off?
 
You can't. You can only restrict how frequently it saves. Try searching for "autosave" on this board and see what turns up.
 
KrNJuN
Also a stupid question, how do you turn auto-save off?

In options menu you can turn auto save to only when you sell the car.
 
JBR-Man
All these questions were answered before.

Just search.

I am new to the forums and didn't know that there was a search engine, sorry.
 
KrNJuN
I am new to the forums and didn't know that there was a search engine, sorry.
I have never been to a forum without a search feature. This excuse is getting old in my book. But we still accept your apology.
 
No problem, it happens a lot. You've been told twice now and hopefully nobody else will find it necessary to tell you more times.
;)
 
MrRothstein
Im using a controller for GT4 (DS2? not sure if that means sual shock 2, but its the black one that comes with the playstation). Is there steering assist in this game? I was playing yesterday and it feels like i should be spinning out but i wasnt. I can't seem to find the assist settings anywhere for the controller. Can somebody help please?

there are TONS of assists in the game, and some you simply can't turn off in the DS2, the DS2 support is pretty much a dumbed down so people have no trouble using it... you want to play like it should be played? you have to first turn off ASM, not enough? go get a driving force pro, (and turn off ASM/TCS, oh, and use N tyres.)
the difference is HUGE, DFP+GT4 with no aids is pretty much sim mode... anything else is arcade crap.
 
dhwebb
I have never been to a forum without a search feature. This excuse is getting old in my book. But we still accept your apology.


Alot of foroums dont have search abilities. And many that do arent very good. Only good sites like this has a good search.
 
SaintKamus
there are TONS of assists in the game, and some you simply can't turn off in the DS2, the DS2 support is pretty much a dumbed down so people have no trouble using it... you want to play like it should be played? you have to first turn off ASM, not enough? go get a driving force pro, (and turn off ASM/TCS, oh, and use N tyres.)
the difference is HUGE, DFP+GT4 with no aids is pretty much sim mode... anything else is arcade crap.

Thanks,

That ASM thing is what i was looking for. For some reason I thought it was for the controller and not the car. The wheel sounds good, but it costs at least 100 bucks... Plus I've never been able to find a comfortable place for a wheel, Im usually either on the couch or on the floor when i play and im not trying to spend another couple hundred for a seat.
 
anything else is arcade crap? racing slicks, drag slicks, drag radials, etc... all exist. and if youve ever driven a car with them you'd realize how effective they are. i dont know why everyone is so caught up on this sim crap. there are various tire types in real life. i hope people dont think that its impossible to pull well over 1G in lateral accel...its quite easy for some vehicles. and the main way to pull that much is how.....stickier tires. its also funny that people talk about sim and have driven maybe 3 grocery getters in their life yet wanna tell everyone about how a m5 should handle. this game was tested for quite a while and the designers drove the actual cars they were modelling. ive driven quite a few sports cars in my life but even if i hadnt, i'd still trust that this game is more accurate than what a bunch of 14-30 year olds on the internet have to say about it. and once again, this game is on ps2, not a million dollar simulator.
 
MrRothstein
Thanks,

That ASM thing is what i was looking for. For some reason I thought it was for the controller and not the car. The wheel sounds good, but it costs at least 100 bucks... Plus I've never been able to find a comfortable place for a wheel, Im usually either on the couch or on the floor when i play and im not trying to spend another couple hundred for a seat.

If I was gona get a wheel... Is there anything under 50 that would be more enjoyable then the ds2 (i don't mind if its harder, but i don't want it to be frustrating because its a bad wheel). Are there cheap alternatives to the DFP that are actually decent?
 
MrRothstein
If I was gona get a wheel... Is there anything under 50 that would be more enjoyable then the ds2 (i don't mind if its harder, but i don't want it to be frustrating because its a bad wheel). Are there cheap alternatives to the DFP that are actually decent?
I bet you will be able to find used original driver forces from the GT3 days for 50 or less. I'm sure a lot of people getting the DFP will trade in their old DF. I have DF and it is better than DS, but I hear the DFP is 10 times better than the DF.
 
Back